PC Review and Firefox

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
When i am replying or creating a thread here on PCReview the firefox browser doesn't have a 'paste' option on the right click. However it does on other sites, and the 'Title' box.

Is this something i can change on my end, maybe an firefox extention or something?

Its not a big problem as there is one on the standard buttons at the top of the browser under 'Edit'

I was just wondering..... :)

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i have the same thing, although using the keyboard shortcuts works perfect :confused:

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Same is the case with me,could not figure it out how I can manage it on my end. When I use Opera I have another kind of problem, the smilies cannot be clicked and inserted in the message :D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thats a puzzling one? I think it may be because its a rich edit box, so there probably isn't anything I can change. Does CTRL+V work ok? If its a problem you should be able to pick a different edit box from the user control panel, and that may do the trick :)

I'll have a look anyway and see what I can do!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Me__2001 said:
i have the same thing, although using the keyboard shortcuts works perfect :confused:

Genius!! Nice one, i didnt think of that!!!

Cheers Me :thumb:

Reaction score
Ummm.... I have Firefox.. and I think I can cut and paste fine. You have the newest version of Firefox. Hmm I can't be certain I'm not at my own pc and work uses IE. But like Me_2001 said.... just use Ctrl +C to copy and Ctrl+V to paste.

Also I've noticed that if I don't open PC review up in a full window... it seems the page jumps up and down, leaving large white spaces respectively. But if I click those arrow on the sides to remove the cntrl panel and advertisments it works fine. Not a biggy... but can be bothersome at times.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Hey Raje, yep lastest Firefox. The shortcuts work fine, i cant belive i didnt think of that!

Dont worry too much Ian, I'll just use the shortcuts. :)

Cheers again guys :thumb:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Vanilla Radio said:
Hey Raje, yep lastest Firefox. The shortcuts work fine, i cant belive i didnt think of that!

Dont worry too much Ian, I'll just use the shortcuts. :)

Cheers again guys :thumb:
I've always had to use ctrl+v for the forums ... mind you, we have to do that a lot in Linux anyway. :D

Reaction score
muckshifter said:
I've always had to use ctrl+v for the forums ... mind you, we have to do that a lot in Linux anyway. :D

I've been w/out a working mouse before, here are my favorite shortcuts

Tab - Jump to next field
Esc - Most commonly exit or back
Windows Key + U shutdown
Windows Key + F windows search
Cntrl + F keyword search (locate keyword on page )
Home returns to top or beggining of page
Alt + F4 closes top window (great for those ads with no exit button)

I'm sure most of you know all of these already, but to some it may prove helpful. ;)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
No mouse! how much of a pain must that have been.....

I us Alt+Tab and Win+D as the main ones, and now CTL+V & CTL+C!

Ask a Question