Windows XP PC crashes in media player

Reaction score
Hi all, hope everyone is well..

Spec: AthlonXP1400, 512mb ram, Barracuda HD, running XP:

My PC has been crashing frequently whilst playing Mp3 files stored on the HD in windows mediaplayer. Its only been happening a few days and Ive not installed anything new in the last few weeks.

After crashing the PC will often not boot properly, but when it does I get the error report message, which mentions the following files:

C:\Windows\minidump\mini111503-01.dmp

and

C:\docume~1\admin~1\locals~1\temp\wer2.tmp.dir00\sysdata.xml.

Can anyone help? Advice much appreciated

Cheers

booj
:confused:

Reaction score
I am having similar problems but pc is crashing with no media programmes open. When I reboot I get the same error message information. I have Nero installed and it has been mentioned that it may be in 'IN CD' loaded that is causing the problem. Any suggestions? And how can I remove this part of the programme.

Reaction score
I had the same thing happening to me. Believe it or not it turned out to be the processor getting to hot while MediaPlayer was running. Installed a better heatsink and fan. The problem has not re-occured.

Reaction score
booj said:
Hi all, hope everyone is well..

Spec: AthlonXP1400, 512mb ram, Barracuda HD, running XP:

My PC has been crashing frequently whilst playing Mp3 files stored on the HD in windows mediaplayer. Its only been happening a few days and Ive not installed anything new in the last few weeks.

After crashing the PC will often not boot properly, but when it does I get the error report message, which mentions the following files:

C:\Windows\minidump\mini111503-01.dmp

and

C:\docume~1\admin~1\locals~1\temp\wer2.tmp.dir00\sysdata.xml.

Can anyone help? Advice much appreciated

Cheers

booj
:confused:

Check how hot your MoBo and Processor is

Ask a Question