Windows XP PC blue screens when i put a CD in the drive, Pinnacle related???

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am having a problem whereas whenever i put a CD in the drive, happens more often with blank cd's, my PC blue screens? I think it might have something to do with some Pinnacle software that is installed, my reason for thinking this is because i uninstalled all the Pinnacle software from the PC and it seemed to work fine. The problem is the Pinnacle software is essential to this machine as it is used heavily for video creation and editing. I have installed the latest Pinnacle Studio 10 patch and i still have the same problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Graham

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Yeah it could be that your CD/DVD drive is faulty or maybe you're on the limit for the power supply and when it cycles up the DVD/CD it cuts out???

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
what do you use for burning cd's? i used to see this alot with EZ CD creator back in the win 98 days. check that your CD burning software is up to date. you may need to R&R the software to resolve the problem.

just a thought

- Surfer

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies.

As for the first tip i have tried two different Optical drives and they both do the same so i am pretty sure that it isn't a drive issue, i have just put a new 550w PSU in the machine as the 450w had died, this error was happening before i replaced the PSU and obviously after, so i don't think the system is under-powered. Like i said before i'm pretty sure that the problem lies with the Pinnacle Studio software but i am yet to find a fix or knowledge base which describes the same problem i am having.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Graham

Reaction score
Are they SATA or PATA drives?

If PATA are the connected on same channel as another device ie Hard drive?

I use pinnacle but never come across this problem

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
What does the bluescreen error message say, it might give some more clues to the problem with Pinnacle? :)

Reaction score
STOP: 0x0000005, (0xc0000005, 0x8070194f, 0xabd64b18, 0x00000000)

I got this when i booted the machine up with a disk in.

Reaction score
Pinnacle wasnt confirmed in the last post merely a possibility

Have you resolved it yet?

To make a suggestion

I wouldnt have two IDE devices on the same Channel (unless HDD) for a start Especially if they are Optical drives or Optical drive/Hard Drive

Ask a Question