Partition Manager Freeware

Victor Delta

A friend of mine has a Windows 98 pc with a hard drive that has been
partitioned into 3 drives. The main C partition has now run out of free
space and I want to adjust the size of the other partitions to resolve the
problem. If I use one of the DOS utilities (e.g. FDisk) to do this it will
erase some of his data.

Does anyone know a good freeware partition manager that will enable me to
help him without the risk of losing any of his data please?

Thanks

jmatt

There are are free ones available, things can go wrong very easily.
To be safe the whole drive or parts of, need to be backed up to another
drive or burnt to cd.
xxcopy does the backup part, or most burners can do it.

xxcopy
http://www.xxcopy.com/
http://www.xxcopy.com/download/xxcopy.zip

Copy a command from below & click paste in MS-DOS or Command Prompt,
then click Enter.
No need to close any programs down.

Adjust drive letters to suit. The below copies the C drive to D which
can be another HD.

1. XXCOPY C:\ D:\ /CLONE

====================================

Partition Saving - savepart.zip
http://www.partition-saving.com/
http://perso.club-internet.fr/guiboure/en/lisezmoi.html
http://perso.club-internet.fr/guiboure/en/FAQ.html
http://perso.club-internet.fr/guiboure/en/HOWTO.html
http://perso.club-internet.fr/guiboure/en/partinfo.html
Partition Saving is a DOS program that is used to save, restore and
copy hard-drive, partitions, floppy disk and DOS devices.
With this program you could save all data on a partition to a file
(such as you could save this file on a CD for example). Then if
something goes wrong, you can completely restore the partition from the
backup file. You no longer have to reinstall every piece of software
from scratch. All you have to do is restore the partition from the
backup file and then update any software that was modified since the
backup was created.

=====================================

Ranish Partition Manager
http://www.ranish.com/part/
http://www.pricelessware.org/thelist/sys.htm
No files are lost using it ( Freeware )
Howto use Ranish Partition Manager
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/mosaddique/Partitioning with Ranish.html

=====================================

Partition Resizer
http://www.zeleps.com/
Partition Resizer( Freeware )no files are lost using it. Plenty of step
by step help included.
Q: Is Partition Resizer compatible with Windows NT / Windows 2000 /
Windows XP?
http://www.columbianet.gr/~zeleps/faq.html

=================================

Fips
http://www.igd.fhg.de/~aschaefe/fips/
FIPS is a Freeware program for non-destructive splitting of harddisk
partitions, no files are lost using it. Plenty of help.

El Gee

Subject: Partition Manager Freeware
From: "Victor Delta" <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware

A friend of mine has a Windows 98 pc with a hard drive that has been
partitioned into 3 drives. The main C partition has now run out of free
space and I want to adjust the size of the other partitions to resolve
the problem. If I use one of the DOS utilities (e.g. FDisk) to do this
it will erase some of his data.

Does anyone know a good freeware partition manager that will enable me
to help him without the risk of losing any of his data please?

Thanks

(e-mail address removed) wrote in

Partition Resizer
http://www.zeleps.com/
Partition Resizer( Freeware )no files are lost using it. Plenty of step
by step help included.
Q: Is Partition Resizer compatible with Windows NT / Windows 2000 /
Windows XP?
http://www.columbianet.gr/~zeleps/faq.html

This is what I have used and it worked very well on FAT16 and FAT32
partitions.

El Gee // www.mistergeek.com <><
Know Christ, Know Peace - No Christ, No Peace
Remove .yourhat to reply