Palm not recognized by xp

G

I recently got a new system with XP Professional, as well as a Palm Tungsten T3. All other devices (such as keyboard, rf mouse, monitor, camera, etc.) work just fine, however, after having replaced the Palm, cradle, and trying ANY other configurations, the system tells me that "Windows has detected a malfunction, and does not recognize the USB device". Is there a driver or a "fix" out there?

N

NobodyMan

I recently got a new system with XP Professional, as well as a Palm Tungsten T3. All other devices (such as keyboard, rf mouse, monitor, camera, etc.) work just fine, however, after having replaced the Palm, cradle, and trying ANY other configurations, the system tells me that "Windows has detected a malfunction, and does not recognize the USB device". Is there a driver or a "fix" out there?

Millions of users use Palm software with no problems under XP. I
would posit that the problem is with your Palm software installation
and NOT the fault of the OS.

Conctact Palm for support.

G

Thanks for the post. I did uninstall and re-installed software, (with both the original Palm product, AND its replacement) and am still getting the same response. Palm support maintains that this is a Windows issue (both times I tried), and Windows is supposedly coming out w/ Service Pack 2 with some sort of "hot fix". Not much help there...

Ask a Question