Palm hotsync says "found new hardware" every time

Charles

Everything was working fine, then I moved my computer from one room to the
other. I may have plugged the cradle for my Kyocera 7135 into a different USB
port or something.

Now, every time I try to hotsync, it says "found new hardware: Kyocera
handheld" and tries to install the drivers. I click through the dialog boxes
and it does perform the hotsync after the point where it acts like it found
some good drivers, then it says "cannot install this hardware". It does this
every time.

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling my Palm desktop, which supposedly
replaces drivers and registry stuff. I've also tried "catching" the palm
while it's in device manager and uninstalling it. When I do that it says
"found new hardware: usb device", but then everything else is the same.

Any ideas? I think it must be an XP problem that it can't tell that it
already has good drivers. The hotsync actually works, so XP must just be
confused.

Jason Tan

Hi Charles,

Thanks for posting!

Based on your description, every time you try to hotsync, Windows XP says
"found new hardware: Kyocera handheld" and tries to install the drivers. If
I have misunderstood your concerns, please feel free to let me know.

Based on the current situation, as you mentioned, you plugged the cradle
for Kyocera 7135 into a different USB, if the issue occurred if you
re-plugged it into the previous USB port? In practice, to plug an external
device into to different USB might cause the reinstallation of drivers.
Additionally, I have searched the website of Kyocera. I recommend you
uninstall the drivers for Kyocera 7135 and download the most recent drivers
and hotsync software for 7135 which is maximum compatible with Windows XP.
For more detailed information, please refer to the following URL.

Kyocera 7135 smartphone
http://www.kyocera-wireless.com/7135-smartphone/support.htm

This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site.
Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft
does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information
found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations
regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or
information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any
software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure
that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from
the Internet.

Hope the information helps. If there is anything that is unclear, please
feel free to let me know.

Thanks & Regards,

Jason Tan

Microsoft Online Partner Support