page cannot display

G

I am running windows xp, DSL connection. Last Sunday I was downloading windows xp service pac 1 when it stopped almost completely through downloading.

I canceled the download and within minutes my computer was acting odd, ran AVG virus, and found Sasser worm. It was still acting slow after deleting sasser off, so I did some research and it was recommended to turn off system restore and rerun virus ware. I downloaded STINGER and ran that, finding leftover sasser virus and finally cleared it all out. I also ran SPYBOT and ADAWARE to clear anything else. I applied Sasser patch and downloaded all other critical/ms updates. I turned off Modem, turned it back on, and ran diagnostics check, everything fine there. Also everything fine on DSL's company end.

Well, now my internet explorer will only connect to internet for about 20minutes, and then every address I put in comes up PAGE CANNOT DISPLAY. I have to keep rebooting computer to sustain any type of internet connection. Any ideas or help before I have to redo my entire system? I've noticed several people have experienced this problem previously, but no clear answers as of yet. Obviously there is a pattern, so just hoping someone has solved this puzzle! Thanks for your help. Oh and I also ran a Hijackthis report if anyone needs to see that.

Ask a Question