Overclockers

Reaction score
Basically I disliked Vista as shipped with my Dell and as such I ordered XP Pro from OCUK on the 18th October, before the cut off period for next day delivery.

However they didn't honour their guarantee and it was posted on Friday for Monday delivery, even though I asked for Friday delivery.

So I decided to place a Saturday order with eBuyer as it was an urgent item I required.

I contacted OCUK on Friday to make them aware I'd be returning the item when it was delivered on Monday as they failed to meet my requirements, all was OK.

Monday I received the item took it out of the CityLink packaging, inspected the box, all seals in tack I placed it in a Special Delivery bag and sent it back, only to have them come back to me today and say I broke the seals and they are returning the item back to me.

So now they wont offer a refund for a untouched, in tact (when it was here) product, and their emails are just snotty and so was the rep who I called today.

What is going on with OCUK, the item wasn't touched and I didn't break seals, just makes me furious that they've done this. I now have a XP Pro copy sitting here which cost £95, and I don't need it at all.

If you were wondering, eBuyer performed in their normal high standard, their product turned up at 9:30AM Saturday morning as always.

Shame OCUK are circling the drain lately on customer service.

Reaction score
Stick it on ebay and get a little profit out of it then?

I know its the principle, but you could still make a quick buck, so to speak.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Were the seals open when they posted it back to you?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Seems OCUK have been going down the pan a bit lately, this is one of several bad reports on them here in the last few months.

I've been using Scan a fair bit lately, I get free postage with them (Hexus member) and their service has been flawless for the last four orders.

And I've heard all good about E-Buyer too, it's just a shame their next day postage is expensive. When you live by yourself pin-pointing a delivery day is important.

Things shift, things change, looks like goodbye OCUK and goodbye play.com as well as a game I ordered eight days ago with them still hasn't showed up.

It sounds to me as if OCUK are lying about the seals on that copy of XP. Their attitude has just cost them a regular customer.

Reaction score
I normally do take photo evidence of items beforehand, but on this occasion I didn't, really wish I did now, as they seem to think I'm attempting to fob them off by stealing a XP Key, why would I want to do that when I have plenty Keys already, was just the CD Media that I required as I broke my Action Pack CD a week ago.

Reaction score
That sounds really bad.

There must be someone within Overclockers that has opened this up and tampered with it so that you will not get back your money. Shame you did not take photgraphic evidence, see if you can talk to the big boss from Overclockers about the whole situation.

Reaction score
This is just taking the absolutely p**s now, they've just debited my card £17.92 administrative fee and a return shipping via CityLink for a product I didn't take the sodding seals off of.

Might dispute this charge with the bank this week and get it reversed, absolutely horrendous.

I have just sent this via WebNote to OCUK.

Hello,

I am quite disgusted by the level of service provided in this whole problem I am faced with.

I ordered a copy of Windows XP, which I returned to you due to failing to meet the delivery standards in having the item here on time.

I then proceeded to place the item in a return postage bag to the return address, during this time I didn't warrant using the item in any way, due to me already sourcing a copy from another provider.

The software seals, although warn and bearing a white mark were in place and were fully sealing both ends of the OEM box prior to shipping.

I am then informed the item is being returned to me due to removing the product seals, that is completely untrue.

I have now just noticed you've charged me £17.92 for some unknown reason, I expect relating to a failed return and shipping costs.

I must say I am not settling with this outcome and wish this to be resolved, as I will have a copy of Windows XP sitting here that I have no purpose for.

I don't understand how you can charge my card without prior permission or notification, and will be discussing this further with the bank during the week.

I wish this to be escalated to someone who can actually provide me with some assistance in this matter, as it's not the level of quality I would expect from such a company.

Regards,

Christopher Imrie

Which was promptly followed up by this.

Dear Mr Imrie,

Once an item arrives at the technical offices it is checked over to ensure, that in this case, none of the seals have been broken. In this case the technician saw that the seals had been broken and thus was returned to you. The RMA terms and conditions state that a charge will be incurred should an item need returning to the customer. As you have sent this item back you have agreed to these terms and conditions and unfortunately there is nothing I can do regarding this.

If you would like to take this matter further then the General Manager is contactable via the address below -

General Manager - Phil Meredith

Overclockers UK
Unit 40 Imex Business Park
Ormonde Street
Fenton
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
ST4 3NP
UK

Regards,

Ryan Smith
Supplier Returns Manager.