Overclockers UK

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
I did initially speak to someone first off (Matthew Burton) before the webnotes and explained it all too him, but he was very unhelpful, and as you can see from his earlier reply not too articulate either! - maybe I just got the wrong person :rolleyes:

I suppose to be fair to them, sending to Crucial is always the quickest and most efficient way to resolve matters - just not in my particular circumstances.

Will just have to see how long it takes now - I'm now wondering if they will test it under lab conditions rather than under 'crunchie stress' and find nothing wrong and try to return it and charge me :(

Will keep you updated :thumb:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Result!!

Well it looks like OCUK have redeemed themselves:

Just got home and have two emails from them, the first at 08:57 saying they have received my RMA, and another at 12:40 saying they have dispatched the replacement RAM with a tracking reference :cool:

So it appears alls well that ends well - just a shame my overall experience of them was soured by one member of their staff - I wonder if companies realise that the actions of just one person can potentially have such an impact?

But I won't be bitter - so, well done OCUK you came good in the end :thumb:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Thats good to hear!

Well done OCUK! :thumb:

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i'm suprised at their initial reaction but its good to hear they are sorting it out

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Glad to hear that Ady...At least someone is having better luck than me with there machine...;)

Reaction score
I wonder if someone pointed them to this thread!?:rolleyes:

Good job OCUK and well done Ady for sticking to your guns.

As a partially related note - since upgrading to the new BOINC client - I've received quite a few computation errors too! :(

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
AbsoluteKevster said:
I wonder if someone pointed them to this thread!?:rolleyes:
Hmmmm, you never know - if so its good that we are here
nod.gif

AbsoluteKevster said:
As a partially related note - since upgrading to the new BOINC client - I've received quite a few computation errors too! :(
I've not upgraded to the new version - I'm sticking with 5.4.11 as its never given me a problem - heard a few others that have had problems too, and again others not?

If you post the exact problem over at Crunchers Corner with the error messages etc, we'll have a look :thumb:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Hmmmmmmm......

Just been to the couriers and collected the RAM - now this is interesting:

The original RAM was a 'dual channel' kit (TY2KIT12864AA663) in one box - these are in seperate boxes cellotaped together with part # TY12864AA663 on each.

So its looks to me like two seperate 1 GB sticks of RAM - I have checked their site and they don't sell single 1 GB modules, only the dual channel kit, so are they now passing these off as dual channel kits?

The other question is, does it matter anyway - will the 2 seperate modules work as well as a tested and matched kit?

:confused:

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
there can be issues but i reckon you'll be ok, so are these the special edition sticks still but in seperate boxes ?

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Yep - exactly the same - with the blue '10th Anniversary' heat spreaders, just in individual boxes :thumb:

Reaction score
I've never really noticed a difference with Dual Channel stuff.

But at least they turned your RMA around in double quick time!

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Great news Ady ...saves me going up there to sort them out :D

Ask a Question