    trying to connect). Since that moment I cannot connect. I get an error on
    my PDA (PDA/phone) and nothing on the Outlook.
    Can anyone help??

    Guest, Nov 8, 2006

  2. somewhat-tech <> wrote:

    > I have been synch'ing my PDA with my Outlook contacts for a couple of
    > years - successfully.
    > A couple of days ago I got a Microsoft window question as I started
    > the synch. As I recall it was '..... xxxx is trying to connect to
    > Outlook. Do you accept....... etc" I clicked "yes" (Since it was
    > my Palm program trying to connect). Since that moment I cannot
    > connect. I get an error on my PDA (PDA/phone) and nothing on the
    > Outlook.
    > Can anyone help??

    Here are your options with respect to the Outlook Object Model Guard:
    http://www.outlookcode.com/d/sec.htm
    --
    Brian Tillman

    Brian Tillman, Nov 8, 2006

    Appreciate the quick response.
    You identified the exact issue. Unfortunately I am not a programmer. I was
    convinced there must be a security setting/config in Outlook that I had
    somehow not found.
    So any non-VB code solutions will be most welcome :)

    Moira
    Semi-tech

    Guest, Nov 8, 2006
  4. somewhat-tech <> wrote:

    > Appreciate the quick response.
    > You identified the exact issue. Unfortunately I am not a programmer.
    > I was convinced there must be a security setting/config in Outlook
    > that I had somehow not found.
    > So any non-VB code solutions will be most welcome :)

    Certainly the MAPILab "Advanced Security for Outlook" tool mentioned on the
    web page I cited would not be a VB code solution. Here's a direct link:
    http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/security/
    --
    Brian Tillman

    Brian Tillman, Nov 9, 2006

    Thank you very much.
    This will really help. I had no idea this type of stuff was out there. So
    I appreciate people such as you taking the time to inform us.

    Guest, Nov 9, 2006

    Guest, Jan 31, 2007

    "somewhat-tech" wrote:

    > I have been synch'ing my PDA with my Outlook contacts for a couple of years -
    > successfully.
    > A couple of days ago I got a Microsoft window question as I started the
    > synch. As I recall it was '..... xxxx is trying to connect to Outlook. Do
    > you accept....... etc" I clicked "yes" (Since it was my Palm program
    > trying to connect). Since that moment I cannot connect. I get an error on
    > my PDA (PDA/phone) and nothing on the Outlook.
    > Can anyone help??

    I had exactly the same problem. New contact entries behaved normally. I
    copied CONTACTS to CONTACTS1. Then emptied CONTACTS, and refilled it from
    CONTACTS1, a few at a time. I only did it yesterday, but it seems to have
    worked.

    Guest, Jan 31, 2007