Outlook programming super novice....

Reaction score
I reply to hundreds of emails per day with a couple of canned responses based on the category that I assign them. I would like to use VBA or a macro to send out a canned reply based on the category that I assign it to. I have tried to create a simple rule within outlook to send these replies but the issue with that is, I need to reply to an email address that will always be embedded within the body of the message and not in the "From" field. Now, to further complicate things I also would like to remove a few lines that will always be constant in every email. This is where my outlook rule seems to fall short. (Removing the formatted information, and replying to the email address that is in the body of the message)
The email looks like this:

The following form submission was received on 3/15/2012 23:38:53 PM.

First Name: John

Middle Initial: E

Last Name: Doe

Date of Birth: 01/01/1971

Last 4 Digits of SSN: 1234

Email Address: (e-mail address removed)

I would like to add the email address in the “To” field and remove the last three line of information before replying to these messages.

******This is not real personal information*****

Last edited:

Ask a Question