Outlook Outlook Office 2003 Freezing

Reaction score
When in Outlook Office 2003 the program wants to freeze up when hitting reply or forward. I just started recently using it and it was working great at first.

Dell Studio 1737
Windows Vista Home Premium
AVG Free
Pentium (R) Dual-Core T4200 @ 2.00 GHz

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Janice, welcome to the forums! :)

Can you try and run detect and repair to see if that finds any problems?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822238

If that doesn't fix it, I would try disabling your addins (adding them back one at a time) as it is quite likely it is one of those causing your problems:
  1. [*]Start Outlook 2003.
    [*]On the Tools menu, click Options.
    [*]On the Other tab, do one of the following:
    • Remove COM add-ins. To do this, follow these steps:
      1. Click Advanced Options.
      2. In the Advanced Options dialog box, click COM Add-ins.
      3. In the Add-Ins available list, click to clear the check box for any add-ins that are installed.
      4. Click OK to close the COM Add-Ins dialog box.
    • Remove add-ins in the Add-In Manager. To do this, follow these steps:
      1. Click Add-In Manager.
      2. Click to clear the check box of any installed add-ins that are listed in the Add-In Manager dialog box.
      3. Click OK.
    [*]Click OK to close the Advanced Options dialog box.
    [*]Click OK to close the Options dialog box.
    [*]

Reaction score
Outlook freezing

Thanks Ian for the reply. I actually got it working last night. Remembering the last thing I did to Outlook before it starting acting up, was putting in my signature with a picture. I removed the picture and left only the text in signature and now it is coming up fine.
Don't know why that is, but I guess for now I'll just leave the picture out of it.

Thanks again!

Reaction score
Don't get so panic if your Outlook application gets freezes after hitting reply or forward because it might be possible that your PST files have been damaged due to which you are getting such kinds of problems. So, it is advised to repair damaged PST files using effective third-party Outlook PST Repair Software.

Ask a Question