Outlook Outlook 2007 'not implemented'

Reaction score
I have installed a Home User version of Office Enterprise 2007. Prior to this I was using Office Professional 2003. I elected not to overwrite the Word or Excel 2003, therefore currently have both Word 2003 and 2007, and Excel 2003 and 2007 on the machine. I allowed the installation to replace the other office applications including Outlook.

I then checked for updates and downloaded and installed Office SP1, offiicemath, XFS/PDF printer, the Word 2007 Tabs and Excel 2007 Tabs.

For the first few hours Outlook was working fine, however after one of the re-boots it started to respond with the 'Not Implemented' error, and of course I could not send/receive, edit etc.

I used the Diagnostic which said all was well, but it wasn't. So I used the installation disk to repair, but it didn't.

I checked the disk and the Outlook is now showing with a red cross and there is no option to 'Run from disk'

What can I do now, apart from uninstalling and reverting to Outlook 2003?

I am using XP professional, AVG free, Adaware, Spybot and a cablemodem.

on a Dell Dimension DM051, Intel(R) 82801GB Pentium (R) D CPU 2.80 GHz x 2, 1024MB

Ask a Question