Outlook Hotmail timeout

Jim

I have just added a second Hotmail email account to
Outlook. I already have one Hotmail account set up which
works fine and causes no problem whatsoever. But with the
new account I get a timeout error after about 1 minute of
performing a send/receive. This means I cant access my
email from this second account. I have set up both
accounts using the correct information. I just cant
understand why the new one doesnt work.

Any help gratefully received?

Jim

*Vanguard*

"Jim" said in news:[email protected]:
I have just added a second Hotmail email account to
Outlook. I already have one Hotmail account set up which
works fine and causes no problem whatsoever. But with the
new account I get a timeout error after about 1 minute of
performing a send/receive. This means I cant access my
email from this second account. I have set up both
accounts using the correct information. I just cant
understand why the new one doesnt work.

Any help gratefully received?

Jim

Outlook 2002 only support one HTTP account (i.e., Hotmail). Some users get
lucky and get two HTTP accounts defined and working. I've even heard of one
that got three HTTP accounts working. However, only one HTTP account per
mail profile is supported by Microsoft in Outlook 2002.

Your choices:

- Use only one Hotmail account.

- Define N mail profiles (Mail applet in Control Panel) for your N Hotmail
accounts. Then select which mail profile to use when you start Outlook (so
obviously do not configure to always default to one particular mail
profile).

- Use Hotmail Popper. Runs as a local HTTP-to-POP3 proxy. You define POP3
accounts in your e-mail client which connect to Hotmail Popper which
connects to Hotmail.

OL2002: Connection Error Message When You Try to Add a Second Hotmail
Account to Outlook
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=325114
"Outlook 2002 supports only one Hotmail service per profile."

Jim

Vanguard,

Thanks for your reply and the advice.

"Jim" said in news:c43f01c3ed9b$7fb6dc30 [email protected]:

[...]

*** Post replies to newsgroup. E-mail is not accepted. ***
___

.