Outlook Hotmail Help!!!!

Reaction score
I'm a new user to this forum, and am looking for some advice on how to better use Outlook and Hotmail together.

I just recently upgraded my Hotmail account so that I could use it conjunction with Outlook.

However, when I reply to a Hotmail message that's been popped to Outlook, it does not mark that email message as having been "replied to". I will reply to the message, and after it sends, the original message WILL be marked as "replied to" and the date/time/etc...

However, after I click off the original message, and then come back to it, the "replied to" info is no longer present, making the email appear as though it was never handled.

Hope this makes sense. I'm sure one of you out there knows what I'm talking about, and hopefully how to fix it.

Thanks for your time!

Mike M.

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Hi Mike , and welcome to PC Review
happywave.gif

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do about this as although you are using Outlook in the same way as POP email accounts, Hotmail works differently as it works via HTTP.

Effectively evrytime you use Outlook and Hotmail, you are connecting via HTTP to the Hotmail account where the data is stored, the data is not being stored within Outlook itself - so the info will be there when you send, but once you click off and then later return to it, Outlook has to retrieve the message again from the Hotmail servers which does not store that extra Outlook info.

Reaction score
Thanks!

Thanks for the quick response.

Sorry for the amateur questions, but there is absolutely no way to get Outlook to store the data, rather than Hotmail. I have searched all over Outlook options, and can't figure it out.

Does anyone know if that is possible? I don't want to have to end up calling Hotmail, as their CSR's will likely know nothing.

Thanks again!

Mike

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Sorry Mike - as I've said, its not possible I'm afraid.

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
No problem Mike - been a pleasure, and by all means hang around an join in anywhere around the forum :nod:

Ask a Question