    find", I eventually get dialog where I click on one of three options -
    "outlook address book" or "contacts" or another "contacts". When I click on
    the other contacts, then it can see my real address book and then it works.

    Guest, Dec 17, 2006

  2. Typing in a name uses autocompletion which has nothing to do with your
    Contacts or Outlook Address Book. It uses a separate autocompletion cache.
    Nor does typing in the To: field invoke the Outlook Address Book as you
    suggest. You are obviously doing something else to invoke it.
    You can easily remove old or invalid references to Contacts Folders from the
    Outlook Address Book view. Method has been posted here many times and
    depends on your Outlook version, which you did not post. Just find one of
    the posts that matches your version.
    --
    Russ Valentine
    [MVP-Outlook]

    Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook], Dec 17, 2006