Outlook Calendar Printing Assistant - how to Change Templates?

M

MarkMan_HS_Teacher

The tri-fold day template is GREAT, but I need the tasks displayed in
priority order with high tasks at the top, followed by normal tasks, then low
tasks, with descending date order as a secondary sort, i.e. newest Start date
(not End date) at the top of the list.
This is how my tasks are arranged and displayed in OL 2007. CPA seems to
follow its own order.
How can I edit the template to display tasks as they are in Outlook?
I'm using XP with SP 2, OL 2007 Version 12 Build 6316 and CPA 12.0.6212.1000
MSO (12.9.6320.5000)
Thanks in advance.
Mark Leffler

S

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

IIRC, the CPA templates are all XML and completely undocumented. I started to
play with one of them some time ago, but it was way more complex than I had
time to deal with.

Reaction score
In Outlook 2007 and 2010, Microsoft changed the tasks source that prints by default to the Daily Task list, which is not useful to many users. So you need to change that before you print. Here’s how.
  1. Go to the Calendar, enter Day view by clicking the Day button above the Calendar.
  2. In Outlook 2007 choose File, Page Setup, and from submenu choose Daily Style (now skip to step four below).
  3. In Outlook 2010 go to the File Tab and choose Print. In the list at the right ensure Daily Style is chosen under Settings. Then click the Print Options button just above the Settings list. In the Print Dialog box that opens, right in the middle is a button that says Page Setup; select that.
  4. In both versions, in the Print Setup dialog box that opens (see below), in the Format tab, find the Options block on the lower left. In that block, the second item down is labeled Tasks. From the dropdown to the right of Tasks choose To-Do Bar.

Ask a Question