Outlook and ActiveSync integration problem

Outlook 2003 should have a feature to minimize to the system tray. After
having installed Active Sync for my PDA's Windows Mobile 2003 this doesn't
work any more. Minimizing just
simply closes Outlook. HOwever when I open it again it starts as quickly as
if it had been minimized.
Also I have an Outlook back-up program which requires that Outlook is closed
while backing up. Since installing Ative Sync I cannot close Outlook - Task
Manager shows it active even if I close it any normal way. I have to kill the
process in order to do my back-up.
Does anybody know anything about these problems? Is that normal Outlook
behaviour once Active Sync is installed?
Rgds
Per

Roady [MVP]

Outlook already has the feature to minimize to the Notification Area.
Rightclick the Outlook icon in the Notification Area to enable it. It sounds
like it already has been enabled; Outlook doesn't close on minimize.

To close Outlook properly first uncradle your device before closing Outlook.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-FREE tool; QuickMail. Create new Outlook items anywhere from within Windows
-Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data

-----
"Per Bressendorff" <per.bressendorff(atsign)gmail.com> wrote in message
Outlook 2003 should have a feature to minimize to the system tray. After
having installed Active Sync for my PDA's Windows Mobile 2003 this doesn't
work any more. Minimizing just
simply closes Outlook. HOwever when I open it again it starts as quickly as
if it had been minimized.
Also I have an Outlook back-up program which requires that Outlook is closed
while backing up. Since installing Ative Sync I cannot close Outlook - Task
Manager shows it active even if I close it any normal way. I have to kill
the
process in order to do my back-up.
Does anybody know anything about these problems? Is that normal Outlook
behaviour once Active Sync is installed?
Rgds
Per

Thanks for the reply.

I have been using the minimize to system tray for a long time, and am aware
how to set that up. My problem is that the funtionality disappeared when I
installed ActiveSync. Didn't actually pick up that that was the casue, until
I installed a PDA for my wife and her ability to minimize to system tray
disappeared. The problem is not there all the time. Some times the outlook
icon is in the system tray after a restart and then it disappears after a
while. I havent figured out exactly when that happens. Some times a mail icon
appears in stead of, but Outlook doesn't open anyway even if you click it.

Rgds Per

Roady [MVP]

I haven't come around this issue. What version of ActiveSync are you using?
Is the PDA cradled when you don't have the option? Does the issue directly
occur when you startup your computer or after a while when you have closed
and opened Outlook several times?