outlook 2003 with Business Contact Manager

Santanu

I've installed Business Contact Manager after installing
Outlook 2003. But when I start Outlook after successfull
completion of installation BCM it is prompting a message
whether I want to add the current profile with BCM. If I
choose 'Yes' then two error messages are displaying
with 'unknown error' under the heading of 'Managed MAPI
Service Catastrophic Failure'. Any idea?

thanks in advance,
Santanu

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

That's one I haven't encountered before. You might try reinstalling BCM. If
you continue to get errors during setup or if BCM does not load when Outlook
starts and you have a retail version of Office 2003 Pro or Small Business,
you may want initiate a support incident with Microsoft at
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;en-us;incidentsubmit. You
will need a .Net Passport, but there should be no charge for filing the
request.

Jonathan Heigel

I'm having the same issues...reinstalled BCM and get the error when I
initiall startup Outlook and then when I check email from Outlook and
then when I access a link from Outlook. I can click through all of
the error messages, but it's really annoying.

Thanks...

Jonathan

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

The same advice applies. File a support incident if you have a retail copy.
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of