Outlook 2003 hangs after upgrade from Outlook 2000

Pierrot Robert

Hi,

I just upgraded to Outlook 2003 from Outlook 2000 on a Windows XP Pro
computer. I use it to connect to an Exchange 2000 server.

When I start Outlook 2003, it hangs at the "Importing accounts" screen. If I
go to the Mail applet in Control Panel, delete the profile and try to setup
a new one, it hangs when I click on the "Check name" button in the Exchanger
server screen.

Any ideas ? I suspect it has something to do with MAPI. Is there any way to
remove and re-install MAPI ?

Thanks.

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Check with your Exchange Administrator to see what type is authentication is
required. Outlook 2003 changed the default, and you need to set it to what
your Exchange Server requires.

Pierrot Robert

In fact, I am the exchange administrator.

Where do I look in Exchange ?

Thanks.

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
Pierrot Robert said:
Hi,

I just upgraded to Outlook 2003 from Outlook 2000 on a Windows XP Pro
computer. I use it to connect to an Exchange 2000 server.

When I start Outlook 2003, it hangs at the "Importing accounts" screen.
If I go to the Mail applet in Control Panel, delete the profile and try
to setup a new one, it hangs when I click on the "Check name" button in
the Exchanger server screen.

Any ideas ? I suspect it has something to do with MAPI. Is there any way
to remove and re-install MAPI ?

Thanks.

Pierrot Robert

You probably meant Kerberos.

Thank you !

Russ Valentine said:
Don't ask me. I'm not an Exchange administrator. In my case all I had to
do was disable Kyberos logon.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Pierrot Robert said:
Hi,

I just upgraded to Outlook 2003 from Outlook 2000 on a Windows XP Pro
computer. I use it to connect to an Exchange 2000 server.

When I start Outlook 2003, it hangs at the "Importing accounts" screen.
If I go to the Mail applet in Control Panel, delete the profile and try
to setup a new one, it hangs when I click on the "Check name" button in
the Exchanger server screen.

Any ideas ? I suspect it has something to do with MAPI. Is there any way
to remove and re-install MAPI ?

Thanks.

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Right. That. Outlook 2003 invoked it by default and my Exchange Server
didn't like it.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Pierrot Robert said:
In fact, I am the exchange administrator.

Where do I look in Exchange ?

Thanks.

message de news: (e-mail address removed)...