Outlook 2003 Backup

Robert Lehrer

I've noticed several programs are advertised for backing up MS Outlook. Is there any reason why using MS SyncToy offline and Carbonite or Mozy online to back up Outlook (contacts, emails, settings, dates, tasks, etc) isn't just as effective? If my solutions are just as effective, what specific files should I back up regularly?.
Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

You are asking us to answer a question that has been answered countless
times here. The best methods for backing up Outlook data are posted here
daily. Did you read them? Did you think we would evaluate third party backup
options for you? Rereading your question doesn't help. It is patently
unclear. What exactly is your question?

Robert Lehrer

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
Robert Lehrer said:
DL wrote on Sat, 25 April 2009 17:37
The MS Outlook site offers a free backup addin (for the data files)

"Robert Lehrer" <prouddad[at]earthlink[dot]net> wrote in message
I've noticed several programs are advertised for backing up MS Outlook.
Is there any reason why using MS SyncToy offline and Carbonite or Mozy
online to back up Outlook (contacts, emails, settings, dates, tasks,
etc) isn't just as effective? If my solutions are just as effective,
what specific files should I back up regularly?. Submitted using
http://www.outlookforums.com

Yes, I'm aware of Microsoft's Backup addon for Outlook. Please reread my
question.......Thanks!. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com

Robert Lehrer

Russ, read my question CAREFULLY and you'll see what I'm trying to learn.
I'm not asking how to back up Outlook. I downloaded Microsoft's add on to
back up Outlook a long time ago. I'm not asking how to use it or how to back
up Outlook. I'm asking WHY any special procedure is needed at all to backup
Outlook if I'm using Microsft's SyncToy utility to copy my data files onto an
external drive. Why not simply copy and paste the files that contain Outlook
setup and Outlook data? Or, why not simply backup the appropriate Outlook
files online? In other words, what characteristic of Outlook makes backing it
up different than other programs?