Outlook 2000 - Possible to have 2 seperate Contact's files ?

Bubey

I am using Outlook 2000. Is it possible to set up 2 separate
contact files? One for Business use and the other for personal email.
Thanks in advance for the help.

Bubey

Thanks for quick reply Judy. I did a right click on the Contacts icon in
the Outlook Shortcut section on the left side
but there was no option for New Folder ? Thanks !

"Judy Gleeson (MVP Outlook)" <judy> wrote in message
Right click your COntacts Folder | new Folder | folder contains items of
type - Contacts.

Regards

Judy Gleeson
MVP Outlook

www.judygleeson.com
www.deskdoctors.com
Want to be more productive? Outlook 2003 user? Read "7 settings all Outlook
2003 users should change" at www.pragmatix.com.au

Judy Gleeson \(MVP Outlook\)

You need to go to your Contacts Folder and right click. I do not know where
you went to.

Try this: In the bottom left corner of Outlook, click to see the Folder
List in the Navigation Pain (that's the left side chunk of Outlook. Find the
Contacts Folder in that pane. Right click it etc.

Regards

Judy Gleeson
MVP Outlook

www.judygleeson.com
www.deskdoctors.com

Are you sick of bad email practice? Get a copy of my paper "Implementing
Email Policy" from the Desk Doctors website.

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook 2000 uses the old shortcut window.

To the OP, go to File->New->Folder->Type->Contacts.

A better idea is to use categories, one for personal, one for business. You
can then sort your contacts by that category.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS
post your Outlook version. How to ask a question:
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

After furious head scratching, Judy Gleeson (MVP Outlook) asked:

| You need to go to your Contacts Folder and right click. I do not know
| where you went to.
|
| Try this: In the bottom left corner of Outlook, click to see the
| Folder List in the Navigation Pain (that's the left side chunk of
| Outlook. Find the Contacts Folder in that pane. Right click it etc.
|
| Regards
|
| Judy Gleeson
| MVP Outlook
|
| www.judygleeson.com
| www.deskdoctors.com
|
| Are you sick of bad email practice? Get a copy of my paper
| "Implementing Email Policy" from the Desk Doctors website.
| || Thanks for quick reply Judy. I did a right click on the Contacts
|| icon in the Outlook Shortcut section on the left side
|| but there was no option for New Folder ? Thanks !
|| items of type - Contacts.
|| Regards
|| Judy Gleeson
|| MVP Outlook
|| www.judygleeson.com
|| www.deskdoctors.com
|| Want to be more productive? Outlook 2003 user? Read "7 settings all
|| Outlook
|| 2003 users should change" at www.pragmatix.com.au
||| contact files? One for Business use and the other for personal
||| email. Thanks in advance for the help.

Bubey

Thanks for the suggestion. That's what I'm trying to do.
However, when I did that, the new folder was put in 'My Shortcuts',
I was trying to get in on the first page, 'Outlook Shortcuts' so when
using Outlook both Personal & Business would be right there to
choose from.

Outlook 2000 uses the old shortcut window.

To the OP, go to File->New->Folder->Type->Contacts.

A better idea is to use categories, one for personal, one for business. You
can then sort your contacts by that category.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS
post your Outlook version. How to ask a question:
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

After furious head scratching, Judy Gleeson (MVP Outlook) asked:

| You need to go to your Contacts Folder and right click. I do not know
| where you went to.
|
| Try this: In the bottom left corner of Outlook, click to see the
| Folder List in the Navigation Pain (that's the left side chunk of
| Outlook. Find the Contacts Folder in that pane. Right click it etc.
|
| Regards
|
| Judy Gleeson
| MVP Outlook
|
| www.judygleeson.com
| www.deskdoctors.com
|
| Are you sick of bad email practice? Get a copy of my paper
| "Implementing Email Policy" from the Desk Doctors website.
| || Thanks for quick reply Judy. I did a right click on the Contacts
|| icon in the Outlook Shortcut section on the left side
|| but there was no option for New Folder ? Thanks !
|| items of type - Contacts.
|| Regards
|| Judy Gleeson
|| MVP Outlook
|| www.judygleeson.com
|| www.deskdoctors.com
|| Want to be more productive? Outlook 2003 user? Read "7 settings all
|| Outlook
|| 2003 users should change" at www.pragmatix.com.au
||| contact files? One for Business use and the other for personal
||| email. Thanks in advance for the help.

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Define what you mean by "first page."

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS
post your Outlook version. How to ask a question:
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

After furious head scratching, Bubey asked:

| Thanks for the suggestion. That's what I'm trying to do.
| However, when I did that, the new folder was put in 'My Shortcuts',
| I was trying to get in on the first page, 'Outlook Shortcuts' so when
| using Outlook both Personal & Business would be right there to
| choose from.
|

| | Outlook 2000 uses the old shortcut window.
|
| To the OP, go to File->New->Folder->Type->Contacts.
|
| A better idea is to use categories, one for personal, one for
| business. You can then sort your contacts by that category.
|

|| You need to go to your Contacts Folder and right click. I do not know
|| where you went to.
|| Try this: In the bottom left corner of Outlook, click to see the
|| Folder List in the Navigation Pain (that's the left side chunk of
|| Outlook. Find the Contacts Folder in that pane. Right click it etc.
|| Regards
|| Judy Gleeson
|| MVP Outlook
|| www.judygleeson.com
|| www.deskdoctors.com
|| Are you sick of bad email practice? Get a copy of my paper
|| "Implementing Email Policy" from the Desk Doctors website.
||| icon in the Outlook Shortcut section on the left side
||| but there was no option for New Folder ? Thanks !
||| items of type - Contacts.
||| Regards
||| Judy Gleeson
||| MVP Outlook
||| www.judygleeson.com
||| www.deskdoctors.com
||| Want to be more productive? Outlook 2003 user? Read "7 settings all
||| Outlook
||| 2003 users should change" at www.pragmatix.com.au

Bubey

Please see my answers to the questions below. I have put them after the
question with
the leader being ======

Define what you mean by "first page." ====
The lefthand pane that shows regardless of where you are, i.e., Outlook
Today, Calendar,
etc. In my left pane I have a list, Outlook Today, Inbox, Calendar,
Contacts, Tasks, Notes,
Deleted Items. Then at the bottom is says, My Shortcuts, Other Shortcuts,
New Group.
I am trying to get the 2nd Contacts to show in this same pane as the
Contracts that was
there at install, so when I'm addressing an e-mail is will be quicker to
find the person without
having to go to another area.
--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ===
I assume I was replying to the group as I always seclect "Relply Group".

ALWAYS
post your Outlook version. === I POSTED my version in my INITIAL QUESTION.

After furious head scratching, Bubey asked:

| Thanks for the suggestion. That's what I'm trying to do.
| However, when I did that, the new folder was put in 'My Shortcuts',
| I was trying to get in on the first page, 'Outlook Shortcuts' so when
| using Outlook both Personal & Business would be right there to
| choose from.
|
| | Outlook 2000 uses the old shortcut window.
|
| To the OP, go to File->New->Folder->Type->Contacts. =====
Please define "OP". I don't see anything on the pages that says OP.

| A better idea is to use categories, one for personal, one for
| business. You can then sort your contacts by that category.
|| You need to go to your Contacts Folder and right click. I do not know
|| where you went to. ======
I went to the left pane where Contacts is listed? Is this not my Contacts
Folder ?
When I right click the Contacts icon there is no choice to create a 2nd
folder there.