"Out of Memory" error in editor

Trefor

I have some very large macro's/VBA 40K+ lines of code. It has been working
fine and still runs ok, but if there is an error and it drops into the editor
and I try and copy/paste a line of code I get "Out of Memory". If I type the
line in from scratch it works fine. I rebooted the PC in case there was
something weird happening, but it did not make any difference. I have finally
reached the limits of Excel?? Any suggestions?

Jim Cone

Patient: "It hurts when I do this."
Doctor: "Don't do that."

Prescription: VBE (toolbar) | Insert | Module
(use as often as needed)
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"Trefor" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
I have some very large macro's/VBA 40K+ lines of code. It has been working
fine and still runs ok, but if there is an error and it drops into the editor
and I try and copy/paste a line of code I get "Out of Memory". If I type the
line in from scratch it works fine. I rebooted the PC in case there was
something weird happening, but it did not make any difference. I have finally
reached the limits of Excel?? Any suggestions?

Trefor

Jim,

Thanks, but the code is not all in one module. I have it accross 30 modules
and forms. This particular module only has 700 lines of code in it.

Jim Cone

For the problem module try...
copying the code and pasting it into Notepad.
delete the problem module.
insert a new module.
copy the Notepad code and paste it into the new module.
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"Trefor" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
Jim,
Thanks, but the code is not all in one module. I have it accross 30 modules
and forms. This particular module only has 700 lines of code in it.

Trefor

Jim,

Many thanks for your reply.

As mysteriously as this error came, it’s gone. I am not sure what’s going,
but I will be sure to try this if it comes back. Many thanks.

Trefor

Jim,

Many thanks for the reply.