[OT]Request to Corliss-baiters

Aaron

John Corliss is merely an excuse for the trolls to grab the attention
they crave. If he goes away for good they will just find someone else.

Just wondering, who else except John Corliss has being singled out for such
specific attention?

BobS

Good. Even though we've crossed swords, in the past, you have been a long
time contributor to the group and have been helpful. Think you kinda got
burned out on some of this and needed a break. If the net nanny attitude is
buried and gone.....Welcome back.

Bob S.

"> Bob, I don't have you in my killfile.

ellis_jay

/3iff //ullins said:
you're mistaking michael for that corliss critter?
__
Regards from /3iff //ullins

Negatory. In my humble opinion, anyone kil-filing Corliss loses.

--
He released government from the restraint of law.
____Lord Acton on Niccolo Machiavelli (1469-1527), George W. Bush, and

Ellis_Jay

ellis_jay

/3iff //ullins said:
surely you refer to the corlis-acf connection?
__
Regards from /3iff //ullins
John Corliss is a candy-assed crackhead:
http://snipurl.com/john_corliss

I have been absent for awhile, but tell me that you are not Richard Bullis
the child molester?

--
He released government from the restraint of law.
____Lord Acton on Niccolo Machiavelli (1469-1527), George W. Bush, and
the Straussian neocons

Ellis_Jay

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=BBQ=AB?=

I suppose he meant "control" in the sense of cowering other people
(mainly newbies) into doing what they say.

I haven't seen any newbies cowered into obeying the alleged violent,
ruling forces Roger rails against.
That said, I did find Roger's soapbox speech a little too
dramatic.

After this thread, it'll go into hibernation for a few months again.
But the speech will be back.

badgolferman

pooooor little tweety-john!
__
the official "tweety" john corliss faq:
http://johncorliss.redorb.co.uk
http://johncorliss.l0l.us

You have already reneged on your promise to insert a snippet to allow
filtering of your messages to John Corliss.

From: /3iff //ullins <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [OT]Request to Corliss-baiters
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 03:08:50 GMT

this is a perfectly reasonable request, and i will honor it by making
certain that the following chunk of text:

http://snipurl.com/john_corliss

is located somewhere within every single reply post i make to
tweety-john (corliss) hence forth. please set your phasers to 'stun'
and filter the following text:

http://snipurl.com/john_corliss

good 'nuff?...

3

/3iff //ullins

You have already reneged on your promise to insert a snippet to allow
filtering of your messages to John Corliss.
father, please forgive me for i have sinned. (or at least,
forgotten...)

i'll try to not let you down again, oh lord.

however, if you'd really like to be sure you miss the corliss-related
;posts, feel free to filter for the word "corliss". :)~
__
the official "tweety" john corliss faq:
http://johncorliss.redorb.co.uk
http://johncorliss.l0l.us

spoon2001

How many posts are there in this thread and related threads? What a waste
of time, bandwidth, and human intelligence (???).

Please note name of newsgroup : alt.comp.freeware

El Gee

Could the Corliss baiters do the rest of us a favour? If you insist on
prodding him, when you use his name in your posts could you stick to
the proper spelling so the rest of us can filter those messages out?
When you mess around with the spelling, makes it difficult to set up a
rule to get rid of them. Some of you do contribute useful stuff
periodically, so I don't want to killfile an individual who might be
helpful.

I was dismayed to see Corliss return because he's trollbait. Almost
immediately he started with the soapbox thing. I've killfiled him but
would also like to remove the non-productive messages meant to
antagonize him. Leave the war out of the ng as it were. . . By all
means, the trolls and Mr. C can continue their love-hate relationship
but please make it easy for the rest of us to stick to the point of
this ng.

I may have to take back what I said to some degree. JC is far too
thinned skinned, so baiting him can be done without even deliberate
effort. I have gone back and looked at some of his posts and decided
that if people want to bash each other, so be it. My kill file will
just have to grow. Bummer.

--
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
El Gee <><

Remove yourhat to reply
Home Page - www.mistergeek.com
Blog - mcwtlg.blogspot.com
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

ellis_jay

Funny how this person follows the threads and helps to fill the bandwidth.

Some of you do contribute useful

This person wants all to stick to the point of the ng-not a bad idea, but
this person does not practices what he,she or it, preaches.

I may have to take back what I said to some degree. JC is far too
thinned skinned,

Even if that were true, which RFC does it violate?
so baiting him can be done without even deliberate
effort. I have gone back and looked at some of his posts and decided
that if people want to bash each other, so be it. My kill file will
just have to grow. Bummer.

--
He released government from the restraint of law.
____Lord Acton on Niccolo Machiavelli (1469-1527), George W. Bush, and
the Straussian neocons

Ellis_Jay

Doc

/3iff //ullins, (e-mail address removed)

now

/3iff //ullinz, (e-mail address removed)

Morphing only gets you thru the kill file once, fool. Time for a regex to
shut you up for good.

mister2u

Man, you are one paranoid dude. I have NEVER threatened anybody outright
with violence in this group. Doing so is a violation of my ISP's TOS.
Feel free to repost any messages from me where I directly threatened
anybody. I will dissect them and prove to you that there was no threat
made by me.
What do you call this?
All messages from thread
Message 1 in thread
From: John Corliss ([email protected])
Subject: Re: Spamming instructions

View this article only
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Date: 2000/05/14

David said:
how to spam newsgroups and individuals mercilessly.

David, if I could see you in person I would beat you to a bloody pulp
with a baseball bat. But since I can't, I guess I'll do the next best
thing and file an abuse report against you.

GOD I hate spammers, and a spammer promoting spamming methods is the
worst kind. You are a serious waste of human skin, David.

John Corliss

mister2u said:
Here's the repost you wanted
http://groups.google.ca/[email protected]&rnum=2
Dissect away.

Hmmm. That wasn't a threat because I said "if":

"David, if I could see you in person I would beat you to a bloody pulp
with a baseball bat. But since I can't, I guess I'll do the next best
thing and file an abuse report against you."

A threat would have been, "David, I am coming after you and I will beat
you to death with a baseball bat", but that's not what I said.

Regardless, I do indeed hate spammers. Guess that morning I posted
before drinking my morning cup of coffee (gotta remember not to do that).

In particular, I loved this part that I had said earlier:

"Yeah, probably so. But, I live in the United States where freedom of
speech is guaranteed by our constitution. Not only that, but I have lots
of guns *also a constitutional right here* so if anybody else comes
after me, I can simply shoot them to death! And THAT's also a
constitutional right!"

and was amazed at how many people took that as a serious statement.
<sarcasm> I wouldn't shoot anybody to death who attacked me, just wound
them seriously.</sarcasm>

Anyway, enough of this bullshit. I want to talk about freeware, not this
garbage.

--
Regards from John Corliss
I don't reply to trolls.