Option ROM will not be loaded

Reaction score
Sorry if this is the wrong forum. New user. I am curious if anyone might have a suggestion on a fix for this issue. I was getting a weird error. Whenever I put a cursor in a text input box, ie a google search field, the cursor would run to the right as if my space bar was stuck. Nothing I tried fixed it so I decided to reboot. When I did, I got the following message right after the bios loaded. "Option ROM will not be loaded." Then I get a system beeping noise repeatedly and can go no further. I have tried to disconnect every wire on the board and the drives and clear them of other debris or dust. I checked all the connections and checked the memory connections... nothing.

Any thoughts??

Thannks in advance.

Reaction score
Putt4eagle said:
Sorry if this is the wrong forum. New user. I am curious if anyone might have a suggestion on a fix for this issue. I was getting a weird error. Whenever I put a cursor in a text input box, ie a google search field, the cursor would run to the right as if my space bar was stuck. Nothing I tried fixed it so I decided to reboot. When I did, I got the following message right after the bios loaded. "Option ROM will not be loaded." Then I get a system beeping noise repeatedly and can go no further. I have tried to disconnect every wire on the board and the drives and clear them of other debris or dust. I checked all the connections and checked the memory connections... nothing.

Any thoughts??

Thannks in advance.

Do you have a video card installed...??? Try removing it and see what happens then....Try re-seating the video card....It might be a faulty card...

Ask a Question