Option "Do not save encrypted pages to disk" does not always work.

Discussion in 'Windows XP Internet Explorer' started by Guest, Nov 30, 2005.

    Hello,

    When browsing on a secured website (https), a pdf file downloaded by
    clicking a link in a html page is saved to disk (among the temporary internet
    files) , even though the option "Do not save encrypted ages to disk" is
    checked in tools->adanced options. The browser opens Acrobat Reader and the
    pdf file becomes visible.

    When entering the same url in the browser address bar, or requesting the
    file via JavaScript the file seems to be blocked and the pdf download does
    not work.

    When unchecking the option "Do not save encrypted pages to disk" the pdf
    download works in the three cases.

    Correct me if I am wrong but this does not seem to be the expected behaviour.
    I would expect that if the option is checked, the pdf download works in all
    cases or never works.

    Is there maybe a patch that corrects this issue?

    (Internet Explorer 6.0.26)

    Thanks,

    David.

    Guest, Nov 30, 2005

  2. "davidmaq" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > When browsing on a secured website (https), a pdf file downloaded by
    > clicking a link in a html page is saved to disk (among the temporary internet
    > files) , even though the option "Do not save encrypted ages to disk" is
    > checked in tools->adanced options. The browser opens Acrobat Reader and the
    > pdf file becomes visible.

    I'm not sure that that option applies to PDF files.
    In fact, FWIW, I suspect that it is a more generalized implementation
    of the hotfix described here

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=323308

    which means that there may be even more restrictions implied
    concerning its use.

    The last time a similar issue came up I suggested the poster take a trace
    and make sure that they had the latest QFE version of the hotfixed module.

    http://groups.google.com/group/micr...inetexplorer.ie6.browser/msg/e9d482482e55d42e

    Good luck

    Robert Aldwinckle
    ---