    think it has some thing to do with my macros. Or maybe is there a way I can
    delete some macros without opening that book??

    Thanks in advance.........Bob Vance

    Bob Vance, Jul 4, 2004

  2. Bob Vance

    Dana DeLouis Guest

    > Can excel be opened in safe mode

    Startup Switches for Microsoft Excel

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;291288&Product=xlw

    Example: /s or /safemode

    As another idea, here is a Help topic called "Customize how Excel starts"

    <Copy..>
    To prevent macros from automatically running, hold down SHIFT while you
    start Excel.
    Note If you start Excel from the Office Shortcut Bar, click the Microsoft
    Excel button on the Office Shortcut Bar first, and then immediately hold
    down SHIFT while Excel starts.

    = = =

    HTH & Good luck. :>)
    Dana DeLouis

    Dana DeLouis, Jul 4, 2004

  3. Bob Vance

    Dana DeLouis Guest

    Hmmm. Wait a minute. I don't think I said that correctly. Holding the
    "Shift" key came from the help in Excel 2003.

    The following article says Safe mode is the Ctrl Key.

    <Copy>
    In Excel 2002 and later, to start Excel in Safe Mode, hold down the CTRL key
    while you start Excel. You will receive the following message:

    Excel has detected that you are holding down the CTRL key. Do you want to
    start Excel in safe mode?
    <...end of copy>

    HOW TO: Prevent Excel from Automatically Opening Files in the Startup Folder
    in Excel 2003
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;826922

    I tried it with Excel 2002. Starting by holding the Shift Key gave me the
    Add-In warning (Prevents Macros from running). Holding the Ctrl Key gave me
    the "Safe Mode" warning. I didn't catch that difference before. :>)

    HTH
    Dana DeLouis.

    Dana DeLouis, Jul 4, 2004
  4. Bob Vance

    Bob Vance Guest

    Thanks everybody I set macro to High Security and that disabled them then
    deleted out the rouge macro and every thing is SWEET

    Bob Vance, Jul 4, 2004