open command window here ?

Hi.

In XP it was possible to install a Power Toy (I think), so you where able to
right click on a folder in your explorer and then a menu called 'open command
window here' would be showed.

How do I do this i Vista Buisness ?

Kind Regards Ole

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\cmd
Underneath this is a value named "Extended". Delete this value. With this
value present then Command Prompt here is only available with a shift +
right click - useless feature for mouse users.

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Hi Ole,

Open Command Window Here, one of the most helpful menu items, is now included by default in Windows Vista. However, Microsoft decided to register the Open Command Window Here context menu item as an extended verb. This means that the user needs to right-click a file system folder, while pressing the SHIFT key, in order to view and access this context menu item.

To know how to display the option by default, check the following article:
http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/109/1/

Hi.

In XP it was possible to install a Power Toy (I think), so you where able to
right click on a folder in your explorer and then a menu called 'open command
window here' would be showed.

How do I do this i Vista Buisness ?

Kind Regards Ole

Thanks - it worked OK.

Kind regards Ole

. said:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\cmd
Underneath this is a value named "Extended". Delete this value. With this
value present then Command Prompt here is only available with a shift +
right click - useless feature for mouse users.

Time to play. Do you know who I am?
[...]

Do you know who I am?

Nope. But I'm guessing you're Mr. .... from Oz.

<.> wrote in message Time to play. Do you know who I am?
Hi Ole,

Open Command Window Here, one of the most helpful menu items, is now
included by default in Windows Vista. However, Microsoft decided to register
the Open Command Window Here context menu item as an extended verb. This
means that the user needs to right-click a file system folder, while
pressing the SHIFT key, in order to view and access this context menu item.

To know how to display the option by default, check the following article:
http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/109/1/

Clever boy aren't we. Hello/

Nope. But I'm guessing you're Mr. .... from Oz.

<.> wrote in message Time to play. Do you know who I am?
Hi Ole,

Open Command Window Here, one of the most helpful menu items, is now
included by default in Windows Vista. However, Microsoft decided to register
the Open Command Window Here context menu item as an extended verb. This
means that the user needs to right-click a file system folder, while
pressing the SHIFT key, in order to view and access this context menu item.

To know how to display the option by default, check the following article:
http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/109/1/

Keith Miller MVP

Great to see you here!!!

--
Good Luck,

Keith
Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]

Clever boy aren't we. Hello/

Nope. But I'm guessing you're Mr. .... from Oz.

<.> wrote in message Time to play. Do you know who I am?
Hi Ole,

Open Command Window Here, one of the most helpful menu items, is now
included by default in Windows Vista. However, Microsoft decided to
register
the Open Command Window Here context menu item as an extended verb. This
means that the user needs to right-click a file system folder, while
pressing the SHIFT key, in order to view and access this context menu
item.

To know how to display the option by default, check the following article:
http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/109/1/

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Ditto!
After almost an year.

Great to see you here!!!

--
Good Luck,

Keith
Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]

Clever boy aren't we. Hello/

Nope. But I'm guessing you're Mr. .... from Oz.

Keith and Ramesh,

Yesterday I pay man and pretty indian nurse $850 to assault my bones and
mouth with pliers for 90 minutes. Least I lost some wisdom. However spend
1/2 of day in intense pain (after I eat goo, dolminades - dolminades, sick
of canned dolminades). Paid $4000 for new computer then threw out TV.
Installed VISTA and can not watch TV. TV prog don't work and Media Centre
Player can't work acceptably. Eeek, reduced to answering silly posts instead
of watching good old fashioned violence.

Ditto!
After almost an year.

Great to see you here!!!

--
Good Luck,

Keith
Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]

Clever boy aren't we. Hello/

Nope. But I'm guessing you're Mr. .... from Oz.

Dolmades is spelt this way, got can out of bin. I bet you Cyrus didn't spend
time wondering how to spell it for his mercenaries.

Ramesh said:
Do you know who I am?

Nope. But I'm guessing you're Mr. .... from Oz.

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Mind sending me a mail and then I reply it to you? There are quite a few people trying to find out where you are and how you are doing.

<.> wrote in message Keith and Ramesh,

Yesterday I pay man and pretty indian nurse $850 to assault my bones and
mouth with pliers for 90 minutes. Least I lost some wisdom. However spend
1/2 of day in intense pain (after I eat goo, dolminades - dolminades, sick
of canned dolminades). Paid $4000 for new computer then threw out TV.
Installed VISTA and can not watch TV. TV prog don't work and Media Centre
Player can't work acceptably. Eeek, reduced to answering silly posts instead
of watching good old fashioned violence.

Sent email. Why, when I type your email address (paste it anyway) does it
make me make a contact. I don't recall telling computer I wanted to make
contacts - I recall saying send email to your address.

Mind sending me a mail and then I reply it to you? There are quite a few
people trying to find out where you are and how you are doing.

<.> wrote in message Keith and Ramesh,

Yesterday I pay man and pretty indian nurse $850 to assault my bones and
mouth with pliers for 90 minutes. Least I lost some wisdom. However spend
1/2 of day in intense pain (after I eat goo, dolminades - dolminades, sick
of canned dolminades). Paid $4000 for new computer then threw out TV.
Installed VISTA and can not watch TV. TV prog don't work and Media Centre
Player can't work acceptably. Eeek, reduced to answering silly posts instead
of watching good old fashioned violence.

I tried that and still did it. Though it works now for new mesages. I hate
being restricted, by a program at that, in my path to a goal. I loath
wizards that won't let me skip (OE has a lot of them).
Keith Miller MVP said:
Tools -> Options -> 'Send' tab -> "Automatically put people I reply