Onetel (Talk Talk)

Reaction score
Just installed Vista Home Premium 32bit, upgraded Thomson 330 modem,but can't log on to my ISP. Onetel techhelp can't resolve matter.
Anybody have any ideas?:confused:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Honestly? I'd move ISP. Talk Talk are aweful.

Installed modem drivers?

More system info is helpful.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
NOTE: Any previous ST-USB/330 Driver must be removed prior to installing version 4.1

Download the Vista Update and save to a temp directory.
UNPLUG your ST-USB/330 modem.
Using Windows Add/Remove Programs un-install the previous driver.
Install the Vista Update.
PLUG in your modem when prompted by the installer, and not before.
http://www.thomson-broadband.co.uk/codepages/content3.asp?c=7&ProductID=471

Basically, this is a USB modem ... ask Onetel to supply you with an proper Ethernet modem.

There ain't nothing wrong with Vista ... USB modems will/are just as problematic with XP. :rolleyes:

:user:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
muckshifter said:
There ain't nothing wrong with Vista ... USB modems will/are just as problematic with XP. :rolleyes:
Was assuming it previously worked with XP and giving him an alternative solution :p

Reaction score
Hi, Ta for comments but, have had no problems with modem/s under XP. Still think non-connection issue is with Onetel; trouble is they don't respond with any sensible, positive suggestions.

Reaction score
Connection Problem with OneTel

Hi all you Wizards,

Installed/ Vista Home Premium 32 bit three times, but cannot connect with Server. No problem with my XP Home using, Thomson 330 Modem. Have downloaded 4.1 ugrade for use with Vista, installed same and Vista says, "all A Okay" but, system refuses to connect despite thorough going through with OneTel Tech' help. Convinced problem lies with ISP's mainframe.
Can anyone help?

Reaction score
You could maybe use a router to connect the vista computer to the computer thats using the Thomson modem.

..unless thats what you're already using.

Reaction score
Did you get a piece of paper in your modem box from Talk Talk? I got a modem from them, a Huawei one, and under the cardboard tray in the box there were two sheets, one for Mac users and one for Vista users. Looks a bit complicated but it's sitting next to my computer now so if you want I could post what it says.

Reaction score
Hello notaclue,
Ta for reply; yes, would like details of what you mention but have to say, I've had my Speedtouch 330 for some 3 years when, Talk Talk was Onetel.
Maybe easy to scan and send as attachment to: (e-mail address removed)

Reaction score
notlawd: I've e-mailed you contents of the Vista installation instructions in my TalkTalk box. I don't have a scanner but I've typed in all the bits that you'll need. Good luck....

Reaction score
Hi notaclue,

Thanks for the prompt posting, all received in good order; will try it all out as per but, will have to reinstall Vista first.

Here's hoping....?

Reaction score
Onetel ISP connection

Hi once more,
Can I assume that your modem does not connect via a USB port - if not how is the connection made?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey. If you're referring to me, my modem has the option of both, however in the Vista setup sheet it specifically states 'the installation will not work with the USB cable'. Don't know why. Sorry I can't be any more help.

Reaction score
Hello notaclue,

Thanks for all the trouble you have gone to. Clearly, it would seem I need another modem to operate with Vista and not the Thomson Speedtouch 330, even though the upgrade is installed. Strange why Onetel is unable, or won't advise accordingly.

Reaction score
Is it OneTel or TalkTalk you're with? I got my TalkTalk through one of the Carphone Warehouse shops, maybe you could go in and get a modem from them? Ok, it'll probably cos a few quid but it should work. Sorry I couldn't be of any more help.

Reaction score
Hello notaclue,

Thanks for further advice - I'll try Carphone Warehouse as you suggest. Incidently, I'm on Onetel but, after enquiries with tech' services, can't get changeover to Talk Talk until sometime September.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
If you want a router for cheap have a look here. I got my Speedtouch 585v6 from there. :)

Ask a Question