one Outlook user in my company is having trouble seeing embedded text

Andy S.

I'm working with Exchange 2003 clients that use Outlook 2000 to receive SMTP
mail notifications from a SQL Server. The SMTP messages have text
attachments with the output of queries put into the messages. However, on
one user's mailbox, I can't see the text in the message body or as an
attachment, only the subject line and sender come through. Other users
receive the same messages with no problem. Everyone uses the same Symantec
antivirus software. When that users only uses the Outlook Web client to
receive mail, the same result happens. Is their some specific security
setting to look for? Please help. Thanks.

Andy S.
MCSE NT/2000, MCDBA SQL 7/2000
(e-mail address removed)

Please remove "noreply" before replying.

Rich Matheisen [MVP]

Andy S. said:
I'm working with Exchange 2003 clients that use Outlook 2000 to receive SMTP
mail notifications from a SQL Server. The SMTP messages have text
attachments with the output of queries put into the messages. However, on
one user's mailbox, I can't see the text in the message body or as an
attachment, only the subject line and sender come through. Other users
receive the same messages with no problem. Everyone uses the same Symantec
antivirus software. When that users only uses the Outlook Web client to
receive mail, the same result happens. Is their some specific security
setting to look for? Please help. Thanks.

If it's the same message sent to multiple recipients, and the only
person to have the problem is this one user, and he has the same
problem no matter what client he uses, then the problem would appear
to be the mailbox.

OTOH, if you sent different messages (where the recipient and
Message-ID header varies) to each user, then the problem may be with
the mailbox or with the composition of the message.

I suppose you could move the contents of the mailbox to a PST, blow
away the mailbox, create a new mailbox, move the PST back to the new
mailbox and see if the problem goes away.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

jamestechman

Before attempting to export the contents out to .pst and go through all
that process, you can try to first disassociate the mailbox and give
him a new mailbox and have the message sent again. That way you don't
have to go through all trouble in the event it was not a mailbox
corruption issue you can just re-associate the old MB. Keep in mind
when you disassociate a mailbox you will lose your mail enabled
attributes so you need to record these or export them out using
something like ldifde. Good luck.

James Chong
MCSE + Messaging, MCTP
http://msexchangetips.blogspot.com/