Cannot connect to SQL 2000 AS SP 3 cube from Excel 2000

Discussion in 'Microsoft Excel Discussion' started by Andy S., Mar 27, 2006.

  1. Andy S.

    Andy S. Guest

    I have a user who is using Excel 2000 SP 3 to connect to cubes created
    in SQL 2000 AS SP 3. The user does have permissions to browse to the cube.
    Originally I could not even connect to the cube itself, nor did I have the
    OLAP 8.0 provider. I tried all the Office updates, and per a newsgropu tip,
    I installed the pivot table service (SQL2000 CD
    \msolap\install\PTS\ptslite.exe). I can connect to the cube from his
    computer from Excel, but if I create a spreadsheet elsewhere using that
    cube, his laptop will not open the cube to run queries. Any suggestions?

    Andy S.
    MCSE NT/2000, MCDBA SQL 7/2000

    Please remove "noreply" before replying.

    This posting is provided "as is" with
    no warranties and confers no rights.

    Andy S., Mar 27, 2006

  2. Andy S.

    MH Guest

    Ask your database administrator to look at the record locking on the cube,
    or use a read-only connection.

    MH

    MH, Mar 28, 2006