    badly having more games included Entertainment Packs and other hangman, too.
    --
    David Johnson

    David Johnson, Apr 7, 2009

  2. David Johnson

    Olórin Guest

    David Johnson wrote:
    > I would like to support to Microsoft Corporation releases old
    > Entertainment Packs 1 to 3 throw into Windows XP and ViSTA Windows
    > Update Download with optional allowances.
    >
    > I need Entertainment Packs brings up to my computer if they can. I
    > need badly having more games included Entertainment Packs and other
    > hangman, too.

    .....nope, sorry, still not 100% clear on what you're after from that post.

    If (and this is just a guess, hindered by your English) you want
    Entertainment Packs included in Automatic Updates for Windows XP and Vista,
    then rest assured that this isn't going to happen. Try to find them
    elsewhere on the Web.

    Olórin, Apr 8, 2009

  3. David Johnson

    kraut Guest

    On Wed, 8 Apr 2009 09:16:56 +0100, "Olórin"
    <> wrote:

    >David Johnson wrote:
    >> I would like to support to Microsoft Corporation releases old
    >> Entertainment Packs 1 to 3 throw into Windows XP and ViSTA Windows
    >> Update Download with optional allowances.
    >>
    >> I need Entertainment Packs brings up to my computer if they can. I
    >> need badly having more games included Entertainment Packs and other
    >> hangman, too.

    >....nope, sorry, still not 100% clear on what you're after from that post.
    >
    >If (and this is just a guess, hindered by your English) you want
    >Entertainment Packs included in Automatic Updates for Windows XP and Vista,
    >then rest assured that this isn't going to happen. Try to find them
    >elsewhere on the Web.

    I have them all on LEGAL disks from when they came out years ago but I
    don't think it would be legal or whatever to post them someplace would
    it??

    E-mail address altered to foil spam.
    Reply to news groups for all to see please.

    _
    / )
    (\__/) ( (
    ) ( ) )
    ={ }= / /
    ) `-------/ /
    ( /
    \ |
    ,'\ , ,'
    `-'\ ,---\ | \
    _) ) `. \ /
    (__/ ) )
    (_/

    (\__/)
    )oo(
    ={ >}=

    kraut, May 3, 2009
  4. David Johnson

    Olórin Guest

    kraut wrote:
    > On Wed, 8 Apr 2009 09:16:56 +0100, "Olórin"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> David Johnson wrote:
    >>> I would like to support to Microsoft Corporation releases old
    >>> Entertainment Packs 1 to 3 throw into Windows XP and ViSTA Windows
    >>> Update Download with optional allowances.
    >>>
    >>> I need Entertainment Packs brings up to my computer if they can. I
    >>> need badly having more games included Entertainment Packs and other
    >>> hangman, too.

    >> ....nope, sorry, still not 100% clear on what you're after from that
    >> post.
    >>
    >> If (and this is just a guess, hindered by your English) you want
    >> Entertainment Packs included in Automatic Updates for Windows XP and
    >> Vista, then rest assured that this isn't going to happen. Try to
    >> find them elsewhere on the Web.
    >>

    > I have them all on LEGAL disks from when they came out years ago but I
    > don't think it would be legal or whatever to post them someplace would
    > it??

    You're almost certainly correct in that! I'll leave you to make your own
    *moral* judgement, however - eg does the term "abandonware" have a real
    standing?

    Olórin, May 5, 2009
  5. David Johnson

    Matt Hart Guest

    As abandonware, the entertainment packs are safe to download.

    Or, you could download them as freeware, seeing as they've made there way to
    microsofts site.

    Poke around, you'll find them.

    Matt Hart, May 14, 2009
  6. David Johnson

    Olórin Guest

    No need to reply to me, I wasn't asking...!

    You say Microsoft have release them as freeware. that surprised me so I went
    off looking but can find no reference to that anywhere. If you could provide
    a link to a Microsoft page with them on, I'm sure that would help the OP and
    anyone else reading.

    "Abandonware" is not an official status and doesn't guarantee safety of
    download. It's merely a label that some website owner can put to a product
    that's so old, out of support and hard to find that they want to
    (illegally) make it freely available. In many cases, this is perhaps morally
    acceptable. But not all.

    Olórin, May 14, 2009
  7. David Johnson

    Matt Hart Guest

    Actually, abandonware by definition is software in which the license has run
    out and not been renewed. I'll hunt down that link today.

    Matt Hart, May 14, 2009
  8. David Johnson

    Matt Hart Guest

    Looking into it, the download links they used to have are removed. The
    entertainment packs were labeled as abandonware. Microsoft entertainment
    pack 1's license fully expired in 2003. Unless they've suddenly renewed it,
    it's abandonware.

    I don't know why they removed it, but that's where I got it from when I put
    it on all three of my laptops. If I can find a reliable link to the pack
    I'll put it up here.

    Matt Hart, May 14, 2009
  9. David Johnson

    Olórin Guest

    OK, I'll accept that - it's just that I've definitely seen sites where folk
    have taken it upon themselves to reclassify software as abandoned (using
    their own definition) and put it up as "fair game" to download, when there
    really are licensing considerations.

    Often, though, these have been old games which are hard or impossible to get
    hold of by the more usual means.

    Olórin, May 15, 2009
  10. David Johnson

    Matt Hart Guest

    It's a shame. It's hard to find it in non-trial form now, without
    downloading it via torrent from someone else.

    I'm still puzzled why they pulled it from the downloads section that it used
    to be in. Maybe they just didn't have enough people downloading it?

    Matt Hart, May 17, 2009