offensive & untrue

There is a BIG difference between YOU and myself. YOU were apart of the
group bashing a single individual and I am pointing out what the GROUP was
doing.
Hold the Glass closer to your nose, the first test didn't work.

What did YOUR response contribute to the Board? anything? Everything has
already been said about Pete so what you are doing, after two days, is not
making any points, saying nothing NEW, but picking a side and finding an urge
to continue the bashing.
So which one of you is the BETTER person... I think my answer would
surprise you.

Jon

Craig A. said:
What did YOUR response contribute to the Board? anything? Everything has
already been said about Pete so what you are doing, after two days, is not
making any points, saying nothing NEW, but picking a side and finding an
urge
to continue the bashing.
So which one of you is the BETTER person... I think my answer would
surprise you.

Well, perhaps when the dust has settled and you've fully reflected, you may
come to realise that, properly understood, that last comment was a defence
of your previous soapbox speech, so there was little reason to attack me for
it. Unless, of course, you are in the habit of attacking those who defend
you.

Yes, the thread was started 2 days ago, as you say, but it's been rumbling
on continuously since then, and like everyone else, I will post what I like,
when I like.

And as regards who you regard as the 'better person', I can honestly say I
don't care 2 hoots.

Jon

antioch

For the fifth and last time I shall attempt this post

This is a fourth try to get something posted!!!

Craig
It appears that I also had a post that didnt.
It was for you.
Here it is again-

Hi Craig
May I take it that your diatribe was not completely directed at me. If not
then a reply to only my comments may have been more appropriate.
I have intertwined responses.

Craig A. said:
Antioch

That is NOT what I said and I do not laugh at people.

Didn't you say 'let the poster be the judge'
I suggested 'guinea-pig'
Or was it something else you say you 'did not say'?
This thread has invited over 40 grown adults to come in and mostly
Grandstand when all they needed to do was ignore the thread or only
answer once.

Agree = mea culpa
I have seen some Mature so-called Experts get very short with amateurs
that have come on here looking for a little assistance. They have been
treated rudely and very unprofessional by many of the very same who sit
and judge Pete

I too have seen such unprofessional behaviour.
I don't know Pete from Adam and I have offered advice on these boards
and I have received advice on these boards. I know of a couple of
individuals who do nothing more than all day long just cut and paste web
addresses for
answers and yet they go unscathed. Judge not and ye shall not be judged.

I guess I haven't been around long enough to spot them. They must exist I
suppose.
You only need to reach a tenth birthday or so to have the common sense
even if you are totally computer illeterate to know that when you come to
Newsgroups and see masses of people in them and masses of topics that you
will have your EXPERTS but they will probably be camoflage by any and
every Johnny Come Lately.

Well I'm passed my tenth, and you do not spot them that quickly. Sorry but
a rather inane comment!
I just can't beleive that people would actually find the time to write
short stories to Pete and preach to him about this and that and etiquette
and the such and then leave this thread and not practice what they preach.

We will have to wait and see if they do that - they might - they might not.
I have offered help and if I see some bad info, I don't cut the poster
down, I post my insertion and let the initial poster sort it out, what
else
can you do? You hope that the person asking the question has at least the
mentality to be able to use some real basic judgement.

Like tossing a coin when you get different answers?
After all they found their way onto the Internet and found the newsgroup...

No I was lead here by the nose - Malke lead me and most thankful I was.
.... and were able to sort thru the tree to the topic that closely matches
their needs, that I > would think would show that moisture would collect on
glass if held under their nose.

Ooops - lost you there. The sciences have never been my strongest subject.
So don't worry so much about the person asking the question,....

If that is your attitude, God help us mortals. But I am selfish - I do
worry if its me asking the question.
I have done no less than 100 high level formats and re-installed no less
than 6 giga
programs in my learning

Bully for you
and if you think for a single second people who post on these threads are
immune from those types of fates, I guess I have fallen asleep and woke up
in some other demension.

What fates? Must have missed them.
Shit happens and it eneeds to happen in order for people to develope and
proceed and prosper. It is all about the learning curve. It does and it
will
happen.

So true - one is supposed to learn by one's mistakes - I thought that was
why people come here - after they have buggered their system to learn - not
be given duff info. however well meant.
So lighten up and quit taking newsgroups so serious,

I cannot help but take advice seriously. Cant you remember a time when you
knew nothing about computers and their problems? I bet you didn't take it
all in a light hearted way!
,,,,,,if you all want to take it serious, start your own websites and
control who will talk
and who will not otherwise just do your best not to be a dipshit.

The above I assume is directed at others, as I have not a clue about what
you are saying.
you can lead a Bear far easier with Honey than you can with a whip.

Like a horse to water - so true.
There are many ways to correct someone but bashing is not on the list nor
degrading, nor insulting nor being rude or ganging up on someone, I
thought I
was on the school playground for awhile, I was reading the first few posts
and thought what the Hell is going on here? It was like someone was trying
to put up a NO TRESPASSING sign.

Yep, so did I - and I am no more proud of myself than you are of yourself
for joining in the virago type discussion. But I don't think poor Pete is
the first????
If Pete bothers you ignore him or try to offer some help, if you really
want to be a helpful person, be helpful to everyone, Lead by example.

Now you are putting words into my mouth - unless the comment is directed at
others!
No Pete does not bother me despite what has been said about him. You may
agree, it has been rather pathetic. I have no axe to grind about his
grammar, poetry, syntax or rhetoric. I have offered him help as well. Its
in my nature to do so having spent many years in public service. I know of
no other way in life. I must be leading
by example then.

I trust this clarifies my position - well it should a 10 year old, though
sadly not my granddaughter. After reading all this she would say 'Whatever'
Rgds
Antioch
'I have forgotten so much of what I never knew!'

mikeyhsd

not paid in like salary or hourly wage.
but they do have access to special stuff and downloads instead.

(e-mail address removed)

Hey, do the professionals like MVPs get payed for posting answers??