ODBC Import - Connection String Too Long

G

Hi

I'm trying to import tables into an Access Project from MAS 200 (ODBC Driver is SOTAMAS90 - ProvideX) via the Get External Data>>Import command on the file menu

My first attempts succeeded except for two very large tables which gave me a timeout error. When I tried to do exactly the same process again on these two tables, I was able to connect to the ODBC datasource and select the tables, but when I tried to import them, I received error 3210 - "The Connection String is Too Long". I tried it from a standard Access database and had no problem. I've restarted the SQL server, compacted and repaired the DB, rebooted the server, and even tried from a backup copy of the ADP - No luck. I can't even get to the point of getting the time out error. I've also tried it on tables that worked fine the first time through, but still get the 3210 error.

I'm assuming (I know - bad idea) that it is NOT the ODBC driver that is the problem, since it did in fact work once and works in the mdb file. I've worked around the problem by importing the tables into the mdb, and then importing them from there into my Project file, but..

Any ideas why this would happen or how to fix it? I can't find any reference to the problem on MS support or the web

Any leads are greatly appreciated

Ask a Question