Oblivion wont uninstall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Now that Oblivion is bugged to hell, i tried to uninstall the game. whenever i do so, i have to put the disc in the dvd drive so it can uninstall properly (so it says). But when i do a message comes up saying

"the oblivion launcher could not find the uninstall program, run the setup.exe on the disc to uninstall."

the disc is being read fine, yet it comes up with this message :confused:

please help, its taking up 4gb on my hd and i really want some more space.

BigJay

Kingsize Crunchie
Reaction score
Try uninstalling through 'Add or Remove Program' in your Control Panel

Reaction score
i have tried that and nothing happens:(
the only place i have got furthest on is when im at the Oblivion start up menu, with the option to uninstall the game but then that error comes up.

Reaction score
hey do it from C:\ drive find the folder in programs and delete it manually "make sure it's not running" and restart your computer if not they delete the registry BUT MAKE SURE THE RIGHT 1

Reaction score
Same with me.

Hello : ).. I also play Oblivion Elder Scrolls.
The same **** happends to me 2.
But when i try delete it manually from programfiles it doesn't work :S.. What folder should i delete? the hole thing or a special folder? : ) :D

Reaction score
m0rvik said:
Hello : ).. I also play Oblivion Elder Scrolls.
The same **** happends to me 2.
But when i try delete it manually from programfiles it doesn't work :S.. What folder should i delete? the hole thing or a special folder? : ) :D

A greeting is always a nice way to start on a forum...Welcome to the forum m0rvik....:wave: :wave: :wave:
Start your computer in "Safe Mode"
Start Menu > Computer > Double click your C drive > Select Program Files > Select the Oblivion folder, right click on it and delete it..Simple as..Restart your PC then download Ccleaner. Run that to clean up all the left overs, and you should be sweet to go....

Reaction score
Thank You! :)
Now i have learned something new again: D
(Proud) : p
Thank you a million times ; )

Reaction score
m0rvik said:
Thank You! :)
Now i have learned something new again: D
(Proud) : p
Thank you a million times ; )

No need for thanks mate,we are here to help..You can also try usingTHIS to uninstall programs..It's a Windows tool which is pretty good..

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
I had this problem too, but itll fix itself if you run the installer from the disc as well. You dont have to install it - just run it, anouther solution

Reaction score
Hello. I too have become a victim to oblivion.....i tried all three ways....it still wont come off and i cant play it either....please tell me what to do i need help!!!!!!!! :bow: :wall:

Reaction score
captain zed said:
This thread is.......so old LOL.

It might be old, but Alf was quite right to still post. As that had not been any solution to the problem yet....:p

Reaction score
Madxgraphics said:
It might be old, but Alf was quite right to still post. As that had not been any solution to the problem yet....:p

I know Madx but Alf did this to a thread about graphics cards t'other day and i was just having a laugh

https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-6689-2.php

How's the hols going man??
happywave.gif

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Nice link Alf, I've bookmarked that one :thumb:

Yeah Alf and Flopp's its a great program...i think it can be got for usb portable too. It's been around quite some time, just i forgot all about it until Alf brought it to our attention.:nod:

Reaction score
Alf said:
To be fair, That thread did start almost 5 years ago! :D

Yeah, i was only kidding with ya. It's quite amazing how a thread can all of a sudden kick back into life.
Ashampoo also has a good uninstaller, i have been using a bit.
I'm always installing and uninstalling but never have had any probs so far.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question