obfuscated Trojan

Reaction score
Good day

i'm having a bad day trying to remove a virus called obfuscated trojan, i've got Nod32 on my computer, it can pick it up BUT cannot clean it, i dont know if it's because the virus is on the external HDD or what, but it cannot remove it.

Please assist me in this one

Thanks

Reaction score
thanks Me.....lol

isn't there a way i can get rid of the virus manually than downloading the FixIEDef.exe file, as i'm afraid of other spywares, anyway i've got spybot for spyware removals but it cannot help as i am scanning the external HDD and spybot only scan C drive

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
I just downloaded the application and scanned it with various anti virus, spyware, malware, trojan scanners and they found nothing so i'd say it was safe

if you are familliar with editing the registry and unregistering .dll files then yes there is a way of doing it manually.

This site lists the files etc to be removed

http://www.xyhd.tv/2007/12/random-news/how-to-remove-trojanwin32obfuscatedgx/

i cannot vouch for the files that are listed being correct so take no responsibility if it screws things up

Reaction score
then i'll have to wait for my supervisor to tell him that, i want to download that file because it seems like it's the only simplest option to get this done.

Thanks a lot Me, i'll let you know as soon as i'm done man

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
spervisor? are you on a work PC? i'd report it to the IT support and let them deal with it

Reaction score
i am the IT guy, we are only 2, it's me and my supervisor, so my supervisor is working onsite today and i'm stuck with the virus.

Ask a Question