Number 6

Reaction score
Emmy-winning actor Patrick McGoohan, best known for starring in cult 1960s TV show The Prisoner, has died at the age of 80. McGoohan played the character Six in the surreal 1960s show, filmed in the north Wales village of Portmeirion.

For more click HERE

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
It was certainly VERY different and addictive.:thumb:

But I never quite understood the final episode which was supposed to reveal all. :blush:

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
That is very sad... if you dont know ..i work at Portmeirion Potteries as a Technical Team leader..​
The Prisoner series was filmed at Portmeirion village , Wales .​
Portmeirion is an Italianate resort village in Gwynedd, on the coast of Snowdonia in Wales. The village is located near Penrhyndeudraeth, on the estuary of the River Dwyryd​
Susan was a lovely woman..when i started to work for the company, Susan and her husband Euan knew everyone by name and daily spoke to everyone by first name , it then became too big for individuality and became more corporate..​
A very sad day ....​

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
That's a damn shame :(

I liked The Prisoner series, very very sixties.

Before The Prisoner he was in a TV series named Danger Man if memory serves me well.

My Mum used to fancy Patrick McGhooan :D

I think his last major role was in Braveheart as a baddie.

RIP Patrick, you entertained me.

Reaction score
Indeed a sad day.
There is a very good ob` in the "Mail" today.
Of the two TV programs he made,Danger Man and The Prisoner I liked Danger Man the most. Yes The Prisoner was good but some what confusing. I would love to buy a DVD set of D/M and relive my yoof.
historian

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Episode of The Prisoner on right now on ITV4. :thumb:

Ask a Question