RIP Leonard Nimoy... :(

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-31662024

"US actor Leonard Nimoy, who played Mr Spock in the cult sci-fi series Star Trek, has died at the age of 83 in Los Angeles, his family has said.

His son, Adam, said he died of end-stage chronic obstructive pulmonary disease on Friday morning.

Nimoy had a long career as both an actor and director.

However he was best known for his portrayal of the half-human, half-Vulcan character in both the TV franchise and series of films.

Last year, the actor revealed he was suffering from chronic lung disease, despite stopping smoking more than 20 years ago.

It was reported earlier this week he had been taken to hospital on 19 February after suffering from chest pains.

He later tweeted: "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory."

He signed off with "LLAP" - a reference to his character's famous catchphrase, "Live long and prosper". It was to be his final tweet."

:cry:

Reaction score
Yes very sad. Being a SyFy fan all my life he has been a massive influence within it.

A shame. I would of really liked the opportunity to go to his memorial. Tis a shame indeed

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
"US actor Leonard Nimoy, who played Mr Spock in the cult sci-fi series Star Trek,
And a more recent role was that of William Bell in the Fringe series. It is indeed sad to hear that he's passed. RIP.

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
A character who, as well as being my childhood hero, had a huge ripple effect on western society, far beyond what the length of the original series ever could've predicted and a man who repeatedly surpassed the wisdom of the character. :bow: :(

Ask a Question