NTFS Permissions for WinXP Pro

DavidM

Can someone tell me how to set the NTFS permissions under WinXP Pro.

I used to simply right-click the directory in File Explorer and go to the
Security tab for NT and W2K. It's missing on XP....

What am I missing?

The drive is formatted NTFS.

I need to set IIS permissions on drive D:\websites\mysite

Thank you

Carey Frisch [MVP]

To display the Security tab:

1. Open Folder Options in Control Panel.
2. Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
3. Double-click Folder Options
4. On the View tab, under Advanced settings, clear Use simple file sharing [Recommended].

(above documented in Windows XP's "Help and Support Center")

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

"DavidM" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message:

| Can someone tell me how to set the NTFS permissions under WinXP Pro.
|
| I used to simply right-click the directory in File Explorer and go to the
| Security tab for NT and W2K. It's missing on XP....
|
| What am I missing?
|
| The drive is formatted NTFS.
|
| I need to set IIS permissions on drive D:\websites\mysite
|
| Thank you

Alex Nichol

DavidM said:
Can someone tell me how to set the NTFS permissions under WinXP Pro.

I used to simply right-click the directory in File Explorer and go to the
Security tab for NT and W2K. It's missing on XP....

XP is set up initially to use the 'Simple File sharing' that is the only
method in XP Home. Go to Folder Options - View and uncheck 'Use Simple
File Sharing' and Apply