NTFS become RAW

David Candy

Chemical weapons are fairly useless unless you can use tons of them. Even then their military utility is more forcing the enemy to decontaminate and slow down rather than hurting anyone.

They managed to fight WW1 with chemical weapons without protection for a lengthly period.
They had to fire hundreds of thousands of shells to make it somewhat useful.

If you want to be scared be scared of biological weapons, not chemical. But then it was ol Reagan and his military who used to plan Saddam's chemical attacks on Iranian forces.

And lies by bush about Iraq gassing their own people are lies. The people concerned were gassed during a battle between Iraq and Iran with chemicals used by Iran not with chemicals used by Iraq (though they developed the same type later). Best guess is that noone was trying to gas them but the wind shifted.

The Germans were further encouraged to use gas shells by the results of an attack staged on the night of 22-23 June 1916. About 110,000 shells containing the lung irritant Green Cross fell on French forces near the fortress of Verdun. German batteries adjacent to this sector added thousands of rounds of a lachrymatory gas. The gas attack, according to French sources, had its greatest effect on French artillerymen and reserves in the rear areas, causing over 1,600 casualties. German staff officers, impressed with the results, talked of creating "special gas batteries" controlled by special gas staffs. In the interest of flexibility, however, the high command decided that all artillery units should fire gas shells. By the war's end, gas shells comprised 50 percent of a German artillery battery's basic.9

From Chapter 2 Chemical Warfare in World War I:The American Experience, 1917 - 1918
http://www-cgsc.army.mil/carl/resources/csi/Heller/HELLER.asp

http://www.smh.com.au/yoursay/2004/06/11/index.html
Jim Macklin said:
The only allies we didn't have "on-board" were the French
and Germans, their leaders were in the pocket of Iraq for
millions of personal dollars, they still want their stolen
money.

One rule of street fighting or warfare, if you wait until
you have perfect knowledge, you're dead.

Rocket motors are on the list of banned weapons and are part
of the WMD system. The Sarin gas shell was of a type not
listed with the UN before the inspectors were kicked out of
Iraq. You don't make just one artillery shell. 20,000
liters of chemicals can kill millions of people and be
hidden in two or three trucks in a cave. Or it could be
dispersed and hidden in sewers, parks, private homes.

Anyway, in three weeks Iraq will have their fate back in
their own hands, let's see how it plays out. I have the
expectation it will be fine.

"Michael Solomon (MS-MVP Windows Shell/User)"
| I heard about the rocket motors, still no WMDs but they
found out Saddam was
| pushing his staff to purchase WMDs and couldn't understand
why they didn't
| have them given all the money he had to offer. That would
indicate he
| didn't have them.
|
| However, it justifies my support of the war as I thought
if he didn't have
| them he was trying to get them. I don't have to justify
it though, I'm not
| the president and I didn't tell the nation he had them nor
would I have done
| so without proof. Further, I and many others who
supported this, also
| suggested we get our allies on board before going in
because we'd need them
| when the war was over and now we do.
|
| It's not a question of needing permission to defend
ourselves, we don't but
| if you want the help of the world down the road, you can't
start out by
| ignoring your allies. It was a diplomatic blunder and we
could be paying
| for it for years.
|
| --
| Michael Solomon

in message
| | > You should listen to the news about the rocket motors
found
| > in Syria and other places.
| >

| > "Michael Solomon (MS-MVP Windows Shell/User)"
Jim.
| > At President Bush's
| > | news conference yesterday or today, when asked
directly
| > about weapons of
| > | mass destruction his response was, "We know he had the
| > means to produce
| > | them."
| > |
| > | --
| > | Michael Solomon
| > |
| > | "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm>
wrote
| > in message

1/4
| > mile
| > races.
| > neighbors

You
| > have
anti-American

| > | > |
<p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm>
| > wrote
| > called

| > attacked
| > military
doing
| > the
read
| > and

| > rights;
| > overcome.

could
| > be
| > have
targets. I
been
| > very
airline
| > pilots

Nazi
| > opinion.

USA
| > would
ago
| > the
Europe,
| > the
communist
| > world's
China
| > may
the
| > (Art

| > | > | > |
| > <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm>
| > | > | > |
| > enough to
As
| > the
have
Ben
blood
| > of

pack of

| > | > | > |
suggesting
| > that
functions
an
not
| > | > | > |
| > | > | > |
| > | > | > |
| > | > |
| > defeat
| > making
| > for
| > represent
| > | > |
in
this,
| > and
they
| > | > |
| > tyrants
governments
| > in
uses
| > the
| > | > |
the
| > USA
those
regime
| > that
people?
| > | > |
USA,
blacks,
are
| > the
| > | > |
nations
| > (they
democracy,
| > and
testament to
| > why
| > | > |
| > | > |

| > |
| > |

Michael Solomon \(MS-MVP Windows Shell/User\)

David:

As one who struggled and is still struggling with his position on this
topic, your points are well taken. You and I do have some cultural
differences that would play into some of our differences on this issue and
any stated reasons I have for having arrived at this decision.

I take very seriously and don't take lightly the issue of sending other
people's children into harm's way not to mention the potential for civilian
causalities in any such conflict. Having struggled with my decision,
suffice it to say, I am still deeply conflicted about this.

This discussion is not proper in this newsgroup, at least it is not proper
for me to be involved in it in this forum and I apologize to all for having
involved myself.

I respect your position, David and I will have to leave it at that. There
is one point of which we would be at great disagreement, I don't think
everyone should have nukes.

--
Michael Solomon

But why do countries want them? To deter other countries, like the USA,
Israel, and Iran, from nuking them.

The NPT was a contract. The 5 nuclear powers promised
a/ to never nuke a non nuclear power (The US ignores this with it's refusal
to say)
b/ to disarm (All nuclear powers ignore this)
c/ to assist in the non nuclear powers in non military nuclear technology

The non nuclear powers promise not to develop nuclear weapons.

I think everyone should have nukes.

Saddam had no thought of the US. He's worried about Israel or Iran nuking
Iraq.

Jim Macklin said:
You should listen to the news about the rocket motors found
in Syria and other places.

"Michael Solomon (MS-MVP Windows Shell/User)"
| Hmm, you may need to find a different news source, Jim.
At President Bush's
| news conference yesterday or today, when asked directly
about weapons of
| mass destruction his response was, "We know he had the
means to produce
| them."
|
| --
| Michael Solomon

in message
| | > Gee, if you listen to the news, you'll hear about the
| > weapons they are finding.
| >
| > You must not live anywhere near where I do, within 1/4
mile
| > there are people of just about all nationalities and
races.
| > I live in an area of 4-plexs and apartments, my
neighbors
| > are black, Asian, Hispanic black, Hispanic white and
| > Hispanic Indian.
| >
| > Only in America can an immigrant become a native. You
have
| > a jaded view of the world put forth by the anti-American
| > propagandists.
| >

| > "Ted" <&&&&&&&&&&&> wrote in message

| > |
| > | "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm>
wrote
| > in message
| > USA.
called
| > wolf

attacked
military
| > think
the
| > job
and

rights;
overcome.

have
| > told
| > also
| > terrorism"
very
| > slow
pilots
| > be

opinion.

would
| > be
the
| > Africa
the
| > USA
| > resurgence
world's
may
| > become
| > world
(Art
| > Bell,
| > TOMORROW.

| > | > |
<p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm>
| > wrote
| > win
the
| > Fonz
| > have
| > Franklin,

| > wolves

| > | > |
that
| > this
| > that
| > groups!). If
| > inherent
| > easily
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > |
| > | You put words in my mouth, as I didn't hint that a
defeat
| > of the USA would
| > | be a good thing. This how poor arguments ensue, by
making
| > cases that don't
| > | exist to favor your position. The USA doesn't look out
for
| > the democracies
| > | of other countries, let alone their own. they
represent
| > how a real democracy
| > | shouldn't work.
| > |
| > | In one example, they dismount the Taliban regime in
| > Afghanistan, which is OK
| > | by me, because the rest of the world was behind this,
and
| > gave support; they
| > | didn't do this in Iraq. They lied about WMD, now they
| > admit it, but use the
| > | reasoning that they removed a tyrant, OK!
| > |
| > | If they are for creating democracies by removing
tyrants
| > (though Bush in his
| > | last campaign stated that he isn't in the business of
| > nation building), then
| > | why doesn't he go after the other brutal governments
in
| > the world, if that
| > | is the new reasoning. Also, this administration uses
the
| > bases in former
| > | Soviet republics to perform their activities in
| > Afghanistan that is as
| > | brutal as was the Taliban.
| > |
| > | Good thinking and consistent for promoting what the
USA
| > thinks is right for
| > | other nations. Use the military installations of those
| > countries that commit
| > | crimes against their own people, to remove a regime
that
| > committed crimes
| > | against its own people, in return for economic and
| > military aid! Where's the
| > | democracy in this? Where looking out for "all" people?
| > |
| > | Why is it when you go to most other democracies in the
| > world, all people in
| > | those countries live among each other, yet in the USA,
| > they have distinct,
| > | and relatively poor minority areas that have blacks,
| > Hispanics, etals other
| > | than whites, living in areas of their own. They are
| > typically poor, and
| > | their is still rampant discrimination there, where is
the
| > democracy, where
| > | is the unity?
| > |
| > | The USA should not try to democratize other nations
(they
| > should try their
| > | own first) that may not want their style of democracy,
and
| > why they are the
| > | only one nation that does this, should be testament to
why
| > they shouldn't.
| > |
| > |