NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM

Help,

When I get online Windows XP pops a message, something like
PLEASE CLOSE ALL RUNNING PROGRAMS AND SAVE YOUR WORK,
COMPUTER MUST BE RESTARTED - THIS PROGRAM WAS ACTIVATED BY
NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM.

What's going on?

Matt DuBois [MSFT]

You are probably infected by the Blaster worm, or one of its variants. See
http://www.microsoft.com/security/incident/blast.asp for details on what to
do. If you are having trouble staying online long enough to follow the
instructions, turn on the built in XP firewall.

Open up the Network Connections control panel
Right click and select properties on the name of connection you use to
connect to the internet
Click on the Advanced tab
Check the box labeled "Protect my computer and network by limiting or
preventing access to this computer from the Internet"
Click OK