Windows XP Now having to log in?

Reaction score
Hi after recently removing a second hard drive and installing a net.framework on my computer i am now having to log in to get on my computer, which i have never had to do before. Normally i would switch the computer on and it would boot up by itself now though it stops at the log in page and its quite annoying, is there any way i can stop this from happening?

Reaction score
murcury said:
Hi after recently removing a second hard drive and installing a net.framework on my computer i am now having to log in to get on my computer, which i have never had to do before. Normally i would switch the computer on and it would boot up by itself now though it stops at the log in page and its quite annoying, is there any way i can stop this from happening?
Had a similar thing very recently. After installing net.framework an ASPNET user account is created.

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1) Go to the Start Menu and the Run box.

2) Type in the following:

control userpasswords2

now click OK

3) In the new Windows that appears select the account you wish to make the primary logon.

Now uncheck the "Users must enter a username and password..." box.

4) Hit Apply and a dialog box will appear asking you to confirm the selected users password.

Click OK when you are done. Hope that helps.
[/font][/font]

Ask a Question