Notification of invites in Google Calendar

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Note 3, and Ian has just got himself a Sony Z2. We were both previously iPhone users and really liked the integration of calendars - for example, getting notifications of invites.

Now that we are both using Google Calendar we were hoping that we'd be able to have a similar set up, but there only seems to be the option to send invites via email rather than have a notification pop up on the phone.

Does anyone know if there is a way to enable it? Or an alternative? Thanks!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
What calendar app's are you both using?

I dont really use notifications myself, but think both the Google calendar app and other 3rd party ones can do pop up notifications....

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Yeah we're both using the Google Calendar app, can't seem to see an option to enable notifications for invites though - only upcoming appointments.

:confused:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Hmm, Not sure, I'll have a play tonight when she finishes work. :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Cheers mate, its driving me mad! There were a lot of frustrating things about the iPhone, but iCloud calendars worked really well together. I'd get a popup notification where I could accept/decline within the app, rather than loading e-mails and doing it a roundabout way.

Only a small complaint on the scale of things, but I use it all the time and I'm getting an inbox full of messages.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I forgot to test this last night sorry.

To be clear, you want a notification of an invite/event that someone has sent you right?

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Yup, that's right! Sorry for the slow replies, been away visiting friends but home now :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Hmmm, I can only seem to get it too email....

That may be your only option..... :(

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
That's a shame, I was hoping there was an option I just couldn't see. Oh well!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yeah its surprising but looks like it just sends an email invite, I cant see anyway of changing that. Sorry. :(

Ask a Question