Re: Free 256MB USB drive *SPAM*
From: "(akula)" <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 22:44:06 -0000

I know this is late followup, but I only check
for discussion of Newsproxy v1.2.3 one per month
at Google.

John Corliss said:
NFilter and Newsproxy are the same program IIRC.
[...]

Well, yes and no. The update I've released is
labeled Newsproxy v1.2.3 to differentiate it from
Mark's original work. v1.2.3 corrects some issues
I had with the UI and can control which headers
are sent to the server. It has also been tested
on Windows XP-SP2. The filtering code is mostly
the same, but I do not have the flooding detection
code so that isn't included.

The filters depend on what a news server sends in
the overview. Altopia provides all headers, other
services differ. The Xref header is the most reliable
for filtering out crossposted flamewars.

The filename I released it under is nps-123.zip
The source code is included and I'll post it on
request in alt.binaries.freeware

If anyone reading this knows the owner of nfilter.org,
feel free to ask them to put nps-123.zip on that site.

I'm more easily found in
alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent.modified
if anyone has suggestions, questions or feature requests.
It's a good app but still has a lot of areas that could
use a makeover.

ms

snip
The filename I released it under is nps-123.zip
The source code is included and I'll post it on
request in alt.binaries.freeware

If anyone reading this knows the owner of nfilter.org,
feel free to ask them to put nps-123.zip on that site.

I'm more easily found in
alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent.modified
if anyone has suggestions, questions or feature requests.
It's a good app but still has a lot of areas that could
use a makeover.

Can someone post nps-123.zip somewhere besides alt.binaries.freeware?

Thanks,

Mike Sa

Derald

Mike Dee said:
The filename I released it under is nps-123.zip
The source code is included and I'll post it on
request in alt.binaries.freeware
Please do. Any prior posting of it is gone, long gone from my ISP's
server.

Ron May

Can someone post nps-123.zip somewhere besides alt.binaries.freeware?

Thanks,

Mike Sa

As Brian suggested elsewhere in this thread, I uploaded it to:

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=F61DD5A21F75B160

The link will be good for 7 days.

(BTW, the 5/15/06 and 6/1/06 uploads of nps-123.zip posted by akula
are still on the comcast.giganews servers for alt.binaries.freeware in
case it matters to anyone. That's where I got the file to upload.)

Derald, in case you see this, I did manage to get this version
working, installing it over 1.20. Had to fiddle a bit with the
crosspost filter to get what I needed it to do, but one entry replaced
20 Agent usenet killfilters. Thanks for pointing me to this. Once I
got it working, it looks like a keeper.