Notepad always-on-top?

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Quite simply, I'm trying to find a way of keeping Notepad on top of other open web/game windows, which will work with Win7 64-Bit.

According to Mr. Google, there are apps that can be downloaded to force Notepad to do this, but some user comments, suggest that unwanted "extras" came with the package. Specifically, malware/viruses and nasties which would cause your PC to explode! (...Well ok, I exaggerated a little on that last bit.) :lol:

So just wondering whether any of you have had a favourable experience of any app of this kind, which you could recommend please? (I'm hoping to get it before this evening, for a Guild event.)

Thanks for looking :D

Last edited:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I was going to suggest this.

But then I seen this! (you already have this in Win7)

I use me smartie-phone these days. :)

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
I was going to suggest this.

But then I seen this! (you already have this in Win7)

I use me smartie-phone these days. :)
Lol... yes, but using the first one, I would need to be able to decipher my jottings... not easy! :D

Thought of sticky notes.... but, there is no option to keep them on top. Microsoft - in its infinite wisdom, decided to remove that option in Win 7. :rolleyes: Boo to them I say.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Thanks for that suggestion Abarbarian... tbh, I already use the Rainlendar calendar on my desktop (didn't think of altering its settings/options though.) :thumb:

I would still like to get an app which would pin Notepad on top though. I saw one called Deskpins which looked ideal, however, on every website where it was offered, it came with an unwanted "installer." The installers seemed a bit "iffy" to me, because they tended to come with other junk in tow... such as toolbars, etc. Off-putting.

Ask a Question