Windows XP Norton AntiVirus Problems

Reaction score
Norton AntiVirus-Problems with .TMP files

I found that my hard drive was running out of space quite quickly. I did some research and found that I had 36.4GB (gigs) worth of .TMP files in my C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine folder. IF someone could tell me why this has happened and what I can do to keep it from happening again I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks,
Ryan

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have used Norton in the past and found the same problem as you:( and could not rectify the build up.

so I now use what "floppybootstsomp" advised Avast> AVG Etc: all free and no problems:thumb:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
1) Delete the 34.5 Gb of quarantined files from Nortons

2) Download Crap Cleaner (link - it's free) and use it regularly.

3) Lose Nortons and use Antivir. It's free, bloat free and there's a new version just been released, V7.0.

I've read some reports/reviews recently where it was claimed the new version of Anti-Vir is the best free AV program out there, easily catching more than both Avast and Grisoft AVG. It's also better than Nortons.

If you want to pay I'd recomend Nod 32 or Kaspersky without a doubt the best two AV programs on the market.

Ask a Question