Non-UpdateableQuery

G

Grant Armstrong

Form [select client]
SubForm [select job]

Subform 2 [in datasheet view][query joining a work id to a work type i.e. 8 = TELEPHONECONFERENCE produces a non updateable query.

I just cannot see why it is not updateable

The SQL is

SELECT [Atoms of Work].WORKID, [Atoms of Work].FKCASEID, [Atoms of Work].DATE, [Atoms of Work].PREP, [Atoms of Work].CON, [Atoms of Work].HEARING, [Atoms of Work].NOTES, [Atoms of Work].TRAV, TblTypes.TYPEID, TblTypes.TYPEABB, TblTypes.TYPE
FROM TblTypes RIGHT JOIN [Atoms of Work] ON TblTypes.TYPER=[Atoms of Work].WKTYPE
ORDER BY [Atoms of Work].DATE;

The join is on the Primary Key of

J

John W. Vinson

Form [select client]
SubForm [select job]

Subform 2 [in datasheet view][query joining a work id to a work type i.e. 8 = TELEPHONECONFERENCE produces a non updateable query.

I just cannot see why it is not updateable

The SQL is

SELECT [Atoms of Work].WORKID, [Atoms of Work].FKCASEID, [Atoms of Work].DATE, [Atoms of Work].PREP, [Atoms of Work].CON, [Atoms of Work].HEARING, [Atoms of Work].NOTES, [Atoms of Work].TRAV, TblTypes.TYPEID, TblTypes.TYPEABB, TblTypes.TYPE
FROM TblTypes RIGHT JOIN [Atoms of Work] ON TblTypes.TYPER=[Atoms of Work].WKTYPE
ORDER BY [Atoms of Work].DATE;

The join is on the Primary Key of

of....???

Is TYPER the primary key of tblTypes? Is there a relationship established
between TYPER and WKTYPE?

Ask a Question