Windows Vista No intenet explorer icon

Reaction score
Hi,

I've just looked on all programs menu in Vista and I cant find the Intenet Exploere Icon anywere? has this happend to any one else with Vista?

Thanks,

Wiz

Reaction score
Cheers Ian.

But I cant seem to get it to load that website keep getting Java Scripet errors, for some reason this is realy od becuase I'm sure it was there the other day the all programs menu.

Also Firefox is playing up as well if I load Kodaks website up and open onother tabe Firefox crashes?

Can you please advise,

Thanks,

Wiz

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'll paste the important bits in here then :)

To add the Internet Explorer icon back to the Windows Vista desktop follow these steps:
  1. Open Registry Editor.
  2. In Registry Editor, navigate to the following registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HideDesktopIcons\NewStartPanel

1. Create the following key (DWORD 32-bit):

{871C5380-42A0-1069-A2EA-08002B30309D}

(just copy/paste, including the brackets)

Note: As always, before making changes to your registry you should always make sure you have a valid backup. In cases where you're supposed to delete or modify keys or values from the registry it is possible to first export that key or value(s) to a .REG file before performing the changes.

1. Close Registry Editor.

There is no need to reboot. Just wait a few seconds and see how the icon appears:

http://www.petri.co.il/images/ie_desk_3.gif
Done!

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Although I'm sure you would be happier if it was there, but does it really matter as long as you can use access it via the shortcut?

Reaction score
Adywebb said:
Although I'm sure you would be happier if it was there, but does it really matter as long as you can use access it via the shortcut?

Hi Ady,

Thanks for your reply.

Dont realy need I suppose, I've got now got it on the desktop.

What shall I do about Firefox it keeps crashing I have reinstalled it and its still the same but it only seems to happen when I go to Kodaks website to download software? I have had quite a few problems with Vista lately things not repsonding and Windows Expolere crashing.

Thanks,

Wiz

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Have you done a thorough AV and malware check of the PC?

Reaction score
Think I'm going to reinstall vista soon as I have been having lots of problems with it lately.

Thanks anyway.

Wiz

Reaction score
Just a qucik qustion I have booted from my Vista CD I cant seem to find anywhere a option to do a repair install like you can in xp I take it there is not one??

Can you please advise.

Thanks,

wiz

Reaction score
Would you say the best thing to do is to reinstall Vista if I am having lots of problems with programs not repsonding??

Can you please advise.

Thanks,

Wiz

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/help/326b756b-1601-435e-99d0-1585439470351033.mspx#E4

user.gif

Ask a Question