Acruncher
Reaction score
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8096701.stm

happywave.gif

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Madxgraphics said:
Erm fogive my thickness here..So if W 7 comes without a browser, then how the feck am I going to download a browser of my choice...?:wall:

laughingsmiley.gif

Reaction score
Abarbarian said:

OK so no browser is included..So how do I surf the net for a browser of my choice..??????????I'm starting to think feck Microsoft..Where are me penguins now...?

Reaction score
Madxgraphics said:
Erm fogive my thickness here..So if W 7 comes without a browser, then how the feck am I going to download a browser of my choice...?
wallbash.gif

Buy a MAC and download the browser of your choice save it to disc run the setup on PC> wipe your ars because it will make you shyte yourself MACS are so dear but very very good no bullshyte with them:lol:

Look at my sig> If MS ever make anything that does not suck it will be a> Vacuum cleaner

Reaction score
itsme said:
Buy a MAC and download the browser of your choice save it to disc run the setup on PC> wipe your ars because it will make you shyte yourself MACS are so dear but very very good no bullshyte with them:lol:

Look at my sig> If MS ever make anything that does not suck it will be a> Vacuum cleaner

Erm I already have an extremely powerful Mac Pro which I use everyday...As for them been very good for BS...Erm what I can do with a 10 year old Mac, people are only starting to be able to do with the most uptodate PC's...........:p

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
PC makers etc will install a browser prior to shipment - for those that upgrade/install themselves will obviously have to install their own......so if they want Firefox or Opera or any other browser, they have no easy way to get it apart from pre-downloading and saving to CD prior to installation using your current browser.

Apparently Microsoft plans to make it as easy as possible to get IE. It will offer it via CD-ROMs at retail stores and via FTP, an old file downloading technique that has been largely sidelined due to modern browsers.

Reaction score
Adywebb said:
PC makers etc will install a browser prior to shipment - for those that upgrade/install themselves will obviously have to install their own......so if they want Firefox or Opera or any other browser, they have no easy way to get it apart from pre-downloading and saving to CD prior to installation using your current browser.

Apparently Microsoft plans to make it as easy as possible to get IE. It will offer it via CD-ROMs at retail stores and via FTP, an old file downloading technique that has been largely sidelined due to modern browsers.

I bet they get it in when you register your OS online..Sort of like a tick box or something..Like them sneeky buggers Yahoo do...

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
MS are doing this as a result of the EU competition rulings about bundling their own browser with their OS.....however in some ways this will make it even more difficult for folks to install a competitors browser, so it will be interesting to see if it satisfies the EU.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
You will not need to "download" IE, it'll be on the DVD ... just install it. ;)

I sometimes wonder why the EU can be so stupid, if it were my "product" I wouldn't sell it to them ... but then I never did get much "profit" from my business.

:lol:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Exactly what I was thinking Mr Mucks... :D

Just because IE isn't integral to Windows on the Disk, doesn't mean to say they can't include it as an 'extra' on the same disk.

I think to satisfy the EU along with the shape of cheese and ten-packs of eggs being compulsory, the consumer has to have a choice of browser and not have IE install by default.

However, IE being on the disk is only conjecture as far as I can see cos MS haven't stated this anywhere to my knowledge.

But I do think it is very likely it will be on all Windows Disks as an optional extra.

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Adywebb said:
Apparently not according to this: Who wins, loses with browser-less Windows 7 and Europe to get Windows 7 sans browser

To have it on the same DVD would breach the EU ruling I would think - unless they include other browsers as well? - who knows I guess until MS officially announce.

Well I never.

As much as I'm not terribly fond of Microsoft as an entity this is all a bit silly.

Those euro-twerps should be content with allowing IE as an add-on.

This really could mean if a computer user has just the one machine, a blank hard disk and a fresh copy of Win 7, he's buggered.

Crazy.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Given the pending legal proceeding, we’ve decided that instead of including Internet Explorer in Windows 7 in Europe, we will offer it separately and on an easy-to-install basis to both computer manufacturers and users. This means that computer manufacturers and users will be free to install Internet Explorer on Windows 7, or not, as they prefer. Of course, they will also be free, as they are today, to install other Web browsers.
If they don't supply a browser, any browser, on the DVD, then the feckin "E" version is no bloody good to me ... sod the feckin EU, I will buy what I want with my money.

If I buy a non-E version, will I be breaking EU law?? 'cos I ain't be buyin a new PC. :rolleyes:

What a bloody load of interfering bureaucrats. :mad:

Reaction score
Madxgraphics said:
Erm I already have an extremely powerful Mac Pro which I use everyday...As for them been very good for BS...Erm what I can do with a 10 year old Mac, people are only starting to be able to do with the most uptodate PC's...........:p

That was the same with the Amigas.They were far in advance of any P.C. of the time, they also were ten years ahead of any P.C I`m talking about the early 1990s. Some of the programs were amazing,programs that I`ve never seen for P.Cs. It was a sad day when Amiga finally collapsed;though it still lives on within small groups of enthusiasts.
historian.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
historian said:
That was the same with the Amigas.They were far in advance of any P.C. of the time, they also were ten years ahead of any P.C I`m talking about the early 1990s. Some of the programs were amazing,programs that I`ve never seen for P.Cs. It was a sad day when Amiga finally collapsed;though it still lives on within small groups of enthusiasts.
historian.

They are still in business.

http://www.amiga.com/shop/index.php?prod_id=236

nod.gif

Ask a Question