Windows 7 Downgrade plan for Windows 7

Reaction score
Anyone buying a PC with Windows 7 pre-installed will be able to swap it for XP or Vista.
For more on this story click HERE

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
From that story:

Microsoft has said that the release candidate of Windows 7, which will be broadly similar to the final version, will be released in late May 2009. The final version is expected in January 2010.

So Win 7 has gone from August to January for release. And knowing Microsoft possibly later.

That's nine months away.

I am so glad I don't have to buy a new MS OS atm cos I'd really be in a dilemma.

I wonder, does it mean when support for XP expires shortly, that if I do a fresh install of XP I won't get all the updates that I will have lost that followed XP SP3? (apart from security).

Reaction score
tbh i have it installed on my little veriton. I dont like it

menus are everywhere, hard to find the tweaks and even harder to ajust things to suit ya needs

but i didnt really mess with it too much, didnt like GUI too much

gona be uninstalling it soon

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I wonder, does it mean when support for XP expires shortly

Support for Windows XP expires in 2014 so you ain't gotta be worrying just yet Mr Flopp's..:D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
crazylegs said:
Support for Windows XP expires in 2014 so you ain't gotta be worrying just yet Mr Flopp's..:D

Then I must say I'm a little :confused: cos of this from that news story:

The news comes as the cut-off date for free mainstream support for Windows XP ends. From 14 April, Windows XP and Home plus Office 2003 enter their "extended support" period.

This means the only updates and bug fixes these products will get will be to improve security.

Reaction score
The extended support period just means that it will only be critical updates and patched realeased, eg there wont be any software updates released directed at the OS eg, new media player and things like that, also microsoft wouldnt support it if you contacted them for support eg on the phone...dont worry, dont think it's time to ditch XP yet! :)

Ask a Question